1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rear speaker help needed

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by dUnKle, Mar 13, 2005.

1. dUnKle

dUnKle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,405
    Hi :hiya:

Need some help with the placement of my rear speakers in a 5.1/6,1/7.1 configuration

The front soundstage and bass is great but I have some problems with rears

I have to use two pairs of Wharfdale Bi-Pole speakers WH2 speakers for surround duties

1 pair is on the back wall - and due to the layout of the room are (and cant be raised or lowered) about 7ft from floor - they are in the middle of the room and about 2 foot apart - they are about 3 foot from listening position(these are used as rear centres)

the 2nd pair of speakers are on the side walls - again about 7ft from floor (again can not be raised or lowered) and are currently about 2 foot behind listening position (these are the ones that are used as rears)

The problem is I get very little seperation and steering from the rear sound stage

Would I get any benefit from moving the side speakers forward so they are more in line (maybe slightly in front) of the listening position

Any other tips to improve - unfortunatley I have no money left to upgrade and limited to how speakers can be moved

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    Bipole side speakers are best in line with the seating position. Try that and see if there is any improvement. If not try switching off the centre rears completely and see what difference that makes

3. dUnKle

dUnKle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,405
    will have a go

cheers