1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rear speaker buzzing

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by markc, Jul 17, 2002.

1. markc

markc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just bought a 32pw9617 and i get an anoying buzzing sound emiting from the powered rear speaker i think it is from the transformer inside the speaker as it comes from the rear of the speaker not the front does anyone else have this problem or have i got a faulty speaker?

2. rct

rct

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Yes, I think it does come from the transformer... my speaker does buzz too, but only very quietly...

if yours is loud then try changing FM channels and also reconnecting the cables between the speakers or failing that get them swapped... I don't know whether using them as cabled speakers would eliminate the problem completely as I am yet to try

3. steev

steev
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The powered speaker with my 6526 buzzes as well, but it's only noticable if you're very close to it.

I'm more worried about the occaisional louder noises that come out. It seems that they just get very loud for a second then go back to normal. I need to check the speaker wire connections.

Steve

4. markc

markc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My speaker buzz is quite loud, You can still hear it from about 6' away and i also have the speaker hard wired as it kept dropping out on all channels and also making strange noises if someone moved around the room. Think i will go back to the shop and compare it with their speaker!

5. Mr T

Mr T

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I noticed some buzzing last night too but it was only on a few stations, Sky News for one. It didnt really bother me too much as I drowned it out by turning up the volume. I'm more concerned about picture settings and black bars at the moment but if anyone has a solution to the buzzing, I'd grealty appreciate it.

6. mgh0001

mgh0001

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    howdo,
    is it right that you are planning to sell some sony es equipment?

cheers, mike