Rear speaker advice

Mefarrar

Novice Member
Hi,

So it's been almost 20 years since I have put together an audio system and now have decided to go back this route rather than making do with a soundbar. At the moment I have got q acoustics 3050 floors and the 3090i centre speaker and a Denon 2700h receiver. I am looking at adding rears and atmos, maybe a sub also but rears first. In the q acoustics speaker packages they look to use the 3010i as rear speakers but as my sofa is against the wall and these stick out quite a way then maybe I would be better getting something more compact maybe like the Q7000 though not sure how well these will go with the rest of my speakers. Any help much appreciated

rccarguy2

If you're close to rear or side speakers I would recommend bipoles. However these speaker designs aren't recommended by Dolby, but it's still up to you what you prefer

Regular speakers are typically deep and not designed to be wall mounted, or rear ported, which cannot function that we'll. You can buy slimline wall mountable monopoles but these aren't the norm.

I'm using bipole sides it's a 7.1 system and far neater than standmount on the side walls.

rccarguy2

I'm using definitive technology bp-2x in my main system sides and upstairs system rears , easy to drive and efficient.

gibbsy

You should post up a diagram or photograph of your room. This will help members give help with placement of speakers as well as type. I'd also get a sub before you ventured into Atmos territory.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung Micro LED, Mini LED, NEO QLED TVs and More: AVForums Podcast Interview
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom