Rear speaker advice reqd please

killabeez

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi all

The time has come to replace my 'old' sony rear speakers that were just filling a spot until the upgrade could be financed.
System so far :-
Ms 304 front
Ms 302 surrounds
Ms 309 Sub

Pio 814 Amp

So far I have thought about maybe just getting some more ms302's but considered Ms903s for the rears.
Question, will the extra cost of the 903's be worthwhile ? or can anybody surggest anything else with a budget up to £150 ( hopefully not to big a speaker )

Many thanks for any advice...

Do yourself a big favor. Try your current set up in 5.1. In most rooms 5.1 can, in fact, be better than 7.1. And you may save some money and end up with a more enjoyable movie and music experience. If you decide to go with 7.1, use the "better" speakers in the rear. Spend the extra money on source components.

Hum,,seams i might have missled a little, let me make it more clear ( my fault)

I will be having a 5.1 setup
304 center
302 fronts
309 sub
sony rear

I have a requiment to replace the rear speakers and was wondering if the 903's are worth the extra dosh or should i buy another pair of 302's to complete the setup ?? 5.1. or any other makes you guys can surggest..

Thanks once again,,

NO man, my bad. I misunderstood your plan. In this hobby there is only one rule. Compute what you can afford and spend twice as much, then you are never disappointed! With this logic in mind, I would buy the better of the 2 you are considering and when you upgrade again in a few months you won't have to worry about the rears. Good luck in your choice! :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom