1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rear speaker advice reqd please

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by killabeez, Feb 5, 2005.

1. killabeez

killabeez
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi all

The time has come to replace my 'old' sony rear speakers that were just filling a spot until the upgrade could be financed.
    System so far :-
    Ms 304 front
    Ms 302 surrounds
    Ms 309 Sub

Pio 814 Amp

So far I have thought about maybe just getting some more ms302's but considered Ms903s for the rears.
    Question, will the extra cost of the 903's be worthwhile ? or can anybody surggest anything else with a budget up to £150 ( hopefully not to big a speaker )

Many thanks for any advice...

2. 2morex

2morex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Do yourself a big favor. Try your current set up in 5.1. In most rooms 5.1 can, in fact, be better than 7.1. And you may save some money and end up with a more enjoyable movie and music experience. If you decide to go with 7.1, use the "better" speakers in the rear. Spend the extra money on source components.

3. killabeez

killabeez
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hum,,seams i might have missled a little, let me make it more clear ( my fault)

I will be having a 5.1 setup
    304 center
    302 fronts
    309 sub
    sony rear

I have a requiment to replace the rear speakers and was wondering if the 903's are worth the extra dosh or should i buy another pair of 302's to complete the setup ?? 5.1. or any other makes you guys can surggest..

Thanks once again,,

4. 2morex

2morex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    NO man, my bad. I misunderstood your plan. In this hobby there is only one rule. Compute what you can afford and spend twice as much, then you are never disappointed! With this logic in mind, I would buy the better of the 2 you are considering and when you upgrade again in a few months you won't have to worry about the rears. Good luck in your choice! :smashin: