1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rear speaker advice needed

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by allanp, Oct 24, 2004.

1. allanp

allanp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +94
    I have just upgraded my amp to a Yahama DSP750AX, which has outputs for 7 speakers (centre, front left and right, surround left and right and 2 rear back surrounds). I currently have the following speaker package: http://www.homecinemachoice.com/reviews/hccreviews/SpeakerPackages/Mission/Mission77Series.php and am wondering which set of rear speakers would be best to enjoy the full dolby ex and dts es systems properly. Mission have recommended the m5ds set, but i'm not so sure as these are bipolar speakers rather than directional and i'm not sure if it would sound correct.

2. Dfour

Dfour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +85
    It would also depend on your listening position and how close it is to the back wall where you will have the rear speakers placed. I use 4* bipolars and find it all intergrates well as my sofa is tight tot he back wall . Im sure the missions will fit in correctly.:D

3. allanp

allanp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +94
    They are going to be a fair bit behind the seating position (maybe 2-3 metres). I'm just about to move into a new place so won't know for definate until i'm in and things are setup.