• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Rear/Side Speakers to Match M&K

samhain

Prominent Member
I have had my S-85 for years. I also have S-85 in walls along back wall. I still need some dipoles for side walls. I really don't fancy spending £500 upwards for two M&K dipoles.

Anyone got experience of matching aother speaker that the system works with, the MA, POLK and B&W ranges are significantly cheaper (not all models of course) but not able to test for timbre matching

Thanks

Ian J

Banned
The M&K K4 isn't too dissimilar in tone and may work for you.

I use a pair of K4 as rears with the pro versions of your speakers at the front and it works well for me.

Scott_Mac

Distinguished Member
I'd go with K4's too... Audio T have a set of ex dem for £199 with stands too!!!

I put mine up (finally) the other day and they're fantastic! (Pics in signature)

Member 116841

Distinguished Member
I still need some dipoles for side walls. I really don't fancy spending £500 upwards for two M&K dipoles.
If you don't want to go for another set of in-walls, the K4's will be fine as already mentioned - and at the price they're available for now, they're a bargain at the price they are now.

Just for your information, M&K don't make any dipoles, they make tripoles, which are exclusive to M&K :)

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom