Rear Screen Aerial Broken Help ?

Discussion in 'Portable Disc & Media Players & Recorders' started by andyvee, Jan 15, 2005.

1. andyvee

andyvee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Naff Question but would appreciate some help :

I have lost any radio signal on my Mondeo from a CD6000 unit. Cd works fine and the radio gives a low level hiss so I am assuming that the aerial is broken ? I have removed the unit to make sure that it was not just a wire fallen out, and it wasn't. I'm guessing that there is a break somewhere ? Has anyone had this problem or is there a common reason for this ? !

2. Fred Smith

Fred Smith

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +170
    Is it a screen printed aerial on glass? Can you see a break in it? If so go to a car spares shop (Halfords) and get a heated windscreen paint repair kit.

3. andyvee

andyvee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Good shout Fred, hadn't thought of that. Unfortunately I spent 10 minutes sat in the boot this afternoon and can't even find a scratch let alone a break so I don't think that this is the problem. Life isn't meant to be that easy is it !

Would appreciate any other clues from anyone out there before I start taking the boot headlining apart and spending hours with a circuit tester.

4. diesel_uk

diesel_uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hiya

Remove h/unit

insert screwdriver into antenna socket, Should pick up a station Rad4 or Rad1 both are strong.

antenna is built into the back screen i think on yours. normally they break when you clean the screen up to down instead of side ways <----------->

first see if the units radio is working then we will go from there.

If you are testing the circuit.

Demist the rear screen and see if the contacts are clean too. If the rear screen cleans well/ no spots then its fine.