1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rear Recommendations

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Semiskimmed1976, Oct 27, 2003.

1. Semiskimmed1976

Semiskimmed1976

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    I'm hoping you can help me, i've recently bought some Paradigm Monitor 9s and a CC-350 centre but I don't have any rears apart from two Yamaha's.

I'm not particularly happy with the cheap rears at the moment and i'm looking for some replacements. However i'm not sure what to go for...prefrably I want something that can be wall mounted which is either bipolar or omnipolar.

I would stay with the same brand name for the rears, but am I correct in saying that Paradigm don't have any UK dealers?

If this is the case and I can't go for Paradigm rears, what else would you recommend that is near enough to what I have already (in tone at least).

Also my budget can be no more than £400, but try and recommend something cheaper :)

Cheers,
    Matt

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    Richer Sounds are the UK distributor for Paradigm so they would be the ones to ask.

It isn't quite as important that the rears are tonally matched to the fronts as much less sound is front to back. Mission seems to be the favourite bipole rears on this forum between £100 and £200 but I'm not sure what else is available at up to £400

3. Semiskimmed1976

Semiskimmed1976

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    cool - missions were the one's I was thinking of anyway :)

Thanks for your reply.

4. Andywilliams

Andywilliams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    Hi semiskimmed
    I use the m&k k-4s which are far superior to the mission m7ds which i had prior,you can get them for £426 which is just over budget but beleive me you wouldnt be dissapointed.
    If you pm me i will tell you where to get them from.
    They also come supplied with there own mounting brackets which fit the speakers flush to the wall.
    Cheers Gonzo.