Rear Projection with Consoles

Discussion in 'Nintendo Forums' started by Malachi, Feb 18, 2002.

1. Malachi

Malachi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all by the way! I'm Malachi and I'm from Australia.

I heard ages and ages ago in my first days of gaming that you shouldnt use rear projection TV's with game consoles because of the high risk of burn on.

Nowadays I hear of and see so many PS2\Xbox\Gamecube setups with rear projection tv's!

What's the go?? Is it good to use them or not?

BTW: Here's a sweet Xbox setup URL I found from another forum, now correct me if I'm wrong....but isn't that a rear projection TV??

http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=62168

2. stewarthollyhead

stewarthollyhead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    RP sets are more prone to screenburn but this will not affcet you if you do not leavce your games onpause for a long time or stay static on one background.

so just make sure you do not leave your game on the start menu for too long and that you dont leave it on pause whilst onscreen

you will be fine. The manufacturers are just protetcing themselves against replacing £5,000 TVs

3. laurel

laurel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Gudday mate

As stewarthollyhead says, RP TV's are considered more susceptible to this particular problem than a conventional CRT.

The screen burn is caused by images which appear in the same place for long periods of time (such as on-screen logos or static graphics in games). The brighter the image the worse the problem.

However, if you have the TV brightness/contrast at reasonable levels (40-50%) and unless you intend playing the same game all day every day you should not have any problems. You would probably have to do this for a good few weeks to cause any burn.

Cheers

Laurel

4. Malachi

Malachi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    G'day mate. :D

Hey thanks for that fellas, that was very helpful.