1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rear projection which dont need wife protection!!

Discussion in 'TVs' started by buns, May 1, 2001.

1. buns

buns
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    well....excuse my lack of a wife....but all the same. I want something with a big screen, and looks stylish. But, it cant be more than 2 grand and most of all the picture quality counts! Can it be done?

2. BadAss

BadAss
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +182
    It can be done, I have the Tosh 46" WH08B and am very happy with it. But it depends on what you want to get out of it. If you want a perfect picture for TV then forget it. RPTV are very fickle when it comes to input signal. Feed it with a good anamorphic DVD and you will not believe your eyes. :eek: Feed it with a dodgy broadcast signal which has been filmed 10+ years ago and you'll cringe in your seat.

Is DVD your main priority? If you want to watch a Movie every night then get this TV tomorrow.

If you like to watch a movie now and again get a 36" tubed TV. It shows all the imperfections less.

Plus if you have a cheap DVD player you might want to take the second option. I have the Pioneer 737 using component inputs with all the sharpness settings high and the picture is fantastic. You should be able to get the Tosh for around £2000 if you shop around. I paid £2600 which included £360 of insurance and the optional cabnit at £200 from Courts. The set has an excellent reputation for Picture Quality and is very well supported on this forum if you have any problems.

Hope this helps.

And no I'm not fishing for a 5 stars vote even if it does only take a couple of clicks ;)

3. buns

buns
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Dvd is my main priority.....that said i have had a change in heart since that post. My dealer and various source have advised me to wait till the end of the year when money i available, then splash out on a front projector. it should solve any quality worries not to mention not looking like a mountain in the middle of the room, but your help was appreciated anyhow!

4. delta

delta
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I agree with BadAss, go for the Toshiba 46WHO8B