1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rear Projection TV's

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by Daved, May 12, 2001.

1. Daved

Daved

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi,

I am thinking seriously of buying a rear projection TV with a budget of £1500.

I what to know who out of Toshiba and Sony is the best for this type of TV.

Also is 100Hz really all that important.

how much do you pay extra for a set with dolby digital included as that is not what I want, I already have a HI-FI system that can deal with that!

If anyone can help me I'd be greateful.

Cheers.

2. delta

delta
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The Toshiba WHO8B series are superb tv,s and the 40" is available within your budget from Sound & Vision, Market Street, Farnworth, Bolton. They have on display most makes of RP tv's so it would be worth your while to go along and take a look. The staff are knowledgeable and helpful and there is no pressure for you to buy.

The Toshiba is 100Hz but believe me it is the best on the market. The tv also has component inputs so you can get the best possible picture form a compatible source, (DVD). Plus it has a very user friendly convergence option and the screen is non-reflective which allows you to watch the tv in broad daylight without the picture being spoilt by reflections.

If you need any more info, then please contact me at <stdelts@btinternet.com>

Good hunting!

Dave