1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rear Projection Televisions

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Xbox360_Junkie, Oct 2, 2005.

1. Xbox360_Junkie

Xbox360_Junkie
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hiya guys...

Im thinking about treating myself to a "Rear Projection Television" for the first time. It's going to be fitted into my new loft conversion whish should be happening fairly soon. I've been browsing a variety of websites, and I fancy something along the size of 40" - 50". However, I have noticed that mostly all of the rear projection televisions I have looked at come in 4:3 Widescreen modes. Being a newbie to this scene, i don't know in detail the difference between a standard 4:3 and 16:9 widescreen aspect ratio. I am being put off from buying a rear projection television for this exact reason. I am after a fairly large screen, larger than most standard factory widescreen televisions (i.e. 28" and 32"). I shall be hoping to use this rear projection television for mostly watching DVD's, playing games consoles and just basically watching television. But what i don't want is the black boarders around the picture whilst watching widescreen DVD's etc.

Basically, im just asking for a little bit of advice. Would a rear projection 4.3 widescreen ratio be suitable for my needs? Would i be able to watch widescreen DVD's without the hassle of having the bold black boarders surrounding the picture (like im used to on my current 21" TV). Would i have any problems hooking up a games console or generally just watching TV. I would just buy a huge plasma widescreen TV, but they are far beyond my price range, I'm limited unfortunately to approximately £800 - £1000.

Any feedback would be much appreciated, thankyou

Kind Regards :clap:

2. kmhtkmhtkmht

kmhtkmhtkmht

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What are you on about. Rear Projection Televisions are widescreen... I've never seen one that is 4:3 (Well, maybe BACK in the day...)

1K is a bit on the low side, I don't think I have seen a Rear Pro for that little before... Stretch it out to about 1400 and you can get a brilliant Samsung 46 with the HD4...

I still love HD2+ but that'll cost you extra cheese.

3. logiclee

logiclee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +176