Rear projection questions?

M

Mr fuse

Hi I think im just about to take the leap for a rear projection tv Ive heard about the good and bad points about rear projections but im just wondering about screen burn the one thing that worries me. Im going to use the tv for everyday use in a room that never really gets much light. Im also a bit of a gamer and have an xbox and cube do you think this is going to cause a problem? im looking at the Toshiba 42PW23 as the prices are quite reasonable now the only other thing im concerned about is the stands if i get one which im going to need for dvd and cable box will this make the tv to high really?

depends how high your seat is, you really need to look straight at the center of the screen to get the best out of an RPTV, so as long as the it is that height you will be fine Tosh et al normally do a lovely small single shelf stand for their RPtv just enogh for 2 sources, cable and DVD or VCR o0r how about one of these:http://www.optimum2000.com/images/avff2-pic-big.jpg

I wouldn't worry too much about screen burn as I have xbox/cube and ps2 connected to mine and 3 kids that play quite a lot. I've had the set for 6months and i've had no problems yet.
Mike

Yeah screen burn isnt a big deal when it comes to RPTV's unless your gona watch MTV for like 12 hours straight.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom