1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rear Projection Pros and Cons

Discussion in 'TVs' started by SnakeUK, Jan 15, 2003.

1. SnakeUK

SnakeUK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi folks, I initially had my eyes set on a Sony FX66 and a Tosh 32zd.

However I have just seen the new rear projection from Sony 44PX2 or something and now am seriously considering this model as oppose to one of the above normal TVs. Does anyone have any bad experiences with rear projection screens. Also is there any reason why I shouldnt go for this 44PX2 TV.

Thanks

2. shaunthedude

shaunthedude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I love my px2. I have always had normal tvs as i thought rp tvs had a dodgy picture. They have come on a long way since then. I find the picture on my px2 just as good if not better than all my previous crt tvs. As long as you dont sit too much to the side of the tv or too much above it thety are great. i sit about 8 foot away from mine, straight on to it. Its perfect. especially for dvds. there has been a lot of discussion on this forum about rp tvs and this one has had much praise. anything else just ask. There are also many happy tosh,samsung owners too. i would find it hard to go back to crt tv now