1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rear projection - Is it worth it?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Will18, Jan 27, 2005.

1. Will18

Will18
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have come to the conclusion that my 28inc CRT television just isn't big enough so i'm looking into larger screens. I'm a student so my budget is tight.. so thats LCD and Plasma out the window but I did come across this.

http://www.qed-uk.com/q?i=11_gA81Zfqb6&vp=6&bg=173&bp=q2s&bi=0

I was really excited when I cam across this at about 9 this morning, but have been doing some reading through the day and now feeling a little down. Issues regarding screen burn, large maintenence bills has got me wondering is it worth it.

Also I have read reviews about the picture being abit dull? is that beacuse people have been watching too much plasma and top end projectors that a CRT RPTV isn't up to those standards? Also a question that would it be safe to be moved around, ie next year when I move into my own flat/house share, would the travel damage it in anyway?

any insight would be more then welcome, Thanks

2. Paully01

Paully01
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Will18

I had one of these & soon returned it due to poor picture quality. loads of artifacts when watching footbal & any fast paced movies. Also suffered from red & blue blurring on edges of screen. :thumbsdow

I've now taken plunge to buy the Sagem HD45

3. Will18

Will18
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks for your reply, giving me second thoughts and third and forth about getting this. Just a question how did you have it connected up? Via component, scart, rgb? Thanks in advance

4. Razor

Razor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,498
    If your strapped for cash sit nearer your current tv set. Job done :)

Sorry I couldnt resist. Try posting in normal tv section this section is for rear dlp tv's only which are around £1500 upwards.

5. Paully01

Paully01
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Used the RGB Scart, I even had the set returned for repair still came back the same