Rear Pro light banding.

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by grahamd, Jul 4, 2002.

1. grahamd

grahamd
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    just bought a Thomson 44" rptv jw611s, lovely set btw, i'm noticing light horizontal bands when anything bright is on a dark background.
    for example, shiny earrings on screen will show a band of light the same thickness as the earrings going right to the right hand side of the screen.
    the others is a good film for this (or bad) in this case. lots of dark backgrounds, with lots of bright foreground.

my question is, is this normal for rptv, does anyone else have this feature on their rptv, if not, any ideas on the cause, will probably need an engineer if the service menu needs tinkering.

all inputs have the same problem dvd, video, off air.
    viewing from about 12 - 13 feet away.
    the convergence is spot on, contrast about 50, brightness 55.

I must admit i wasnt aware of this when viewing in the shop.

TIA

2. martian1

martian1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +678
    I get a similar effect with my 43" Hitachi set, light arcing across screen from bright objects [Torch light etc] on black background.
    Engineer and a Hitachi Tech guy came out and said it is a problem rear pro sets get, but that because i am sitting too low and close to set its making it a lot more noticable. If you can adjust your sitting hight it should improve, let me know if this improves things.
    If this is utter tosh and you find out otherwise from your engineer let me know.

3. data

data

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have seen this effect on my Thomson too. Same behavior on Toshiba sets. I've read in an other forum it's normal für RPTs, especially on black background with light things on it.