1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rear match for 11ls

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by rulocal, Nov 20, 2003.

1. rulocal

rulocal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    I have a 2-ch hifi of an Arcam A85 Amp, Cyrus CD7Q and Quad 11l speakers and am going to add multichannel, predominantly for DVDs. I am probably going to get the quad centre although I will to try to listen to the Wharfedal Evo Centre in my setup as I understand they use simiair drivers (is the likely to be a good match?)

My main question concerns the rears. I don't have room for a pair of 11ls and I am looking for something to wallmount, be it a sattelite or something like the mission m7ds. Any suggestions? I would also like any positioning tips for the rears in a relatively small room (4m x 3m) with the sofe opposite the tv in the middle of the longer wall with the tv in the opposite corner.

Incidentally, I will probably go for a Pioneer VSX912 to provide the processing and power the rears and centre.

Many thanks

Paul

2. Dom36

Dom36

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Are you wanting Standard rears or Bipole or Tripole do they do now?
    I would recommend the Eltax HT-Bipolar for a quick fix, however they may not match the rest off your system, and you could get a right mix off speakers - not brill...
    By the sounds of it your after some top notch rears to match an excellent front set, in which case I don't think I can help.
    Whether your looking for Bipole etc... will probably help future posters with help however...

3. rulocal

rulocal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    I am not exactly sure about the specific difference between Di- and Bi-polars. I will have a search on the forum but any help here would be useful along with recommendations for both types.

Cheers

4. Crustyloafer

Crustyloafer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,236
    You could get a pair of the new Monitor Audio Radius 90's. They do some lovely wood finishes that would go well with the Quads, and they sound great as well.

[​IMG]