1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rear centre which 1 ??

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by wynouk, Jun 12, 2002.

1. wynouk

wynouk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm looking to buy a rear centre speaker with set up any suggestions???

Denon AV2802 amp
    Mission M74 fronts
    Mission M7c centre
    Mission M7DS rears
    Mission M70AS subwoofer

2. pointon

pointon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    How about another m7c1?

3. Samir

Samir

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Or you could try stand mounted M70 or M71's

Samir

4. chris l.

chris l.

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I'm running M7DS's to the side and rear and they work well together in 6.1 format, via a Denon 3802.

Remember rear is mainly for voices and so you don't need a speaker that goes down to 40hz etc.

chris l.

5. garmtz

garmtz
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I don't agree that rear is mainly for voices. I would say any kind of sounds could appear in the rears (try listening to The Haunting to get the idea), but I think it is mostly ambient sounds and hard panned effects (fly-overs and such).

I would use 2 instead of 1 rear speaker, but it depends on what you can place in your room. Maybe you can experiment with one or two speakers before committing to either. I would try a pair of M70, M71 or M7DS.

6. spicymackerel

spicymackerel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I notice that I have exactly same audio system as you. I'm going to change the m7c1 for a m7c2 as soon as I can get one in silver. - Towards the end of this month according to suppliers I talk to.

At some point in future I would like to upgrade amp to 3802 and get an extra pair of rear speakers to enable full 7.1.

How do you find the sub ?. It's the one piece of equipment in our system that rarely attracts positive reviews. I basically turned it up full and it now works away well and you can hear the low bass kicking in good style whenever its needed. The way av gets you I'd love to swap sub for a pair of REL 150's which I'd put either side of the room. My wife would go nuts but I think you would need to take steps like these before you could notice a difference that would be really worthwhile.

I bi-wired the M74's which I think gives a cleaner sound. Behind enemy lines rockets tracking fighter jet is about the best perfomance I've heard through the system. Pretty crap film but really good audio track.

Took me months before I sussed out how to get the plugs out of the speaker connections on the back of the amp to allow me to use bananna plugs. Only after I read some other posts did I realise that brute force alone was what was required.

The M74's and m7ds are really good though. If you have any tips on improving this sytem or movies that have sounded extra good then please let me know.

All the best,

Derek.

7. Jarvo

Jarvo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the same system as you except I'm using M73 at the front.

When I upgraded to the 2802 I moved my M7C1 to the centre

rear and replaced the front centre with a M7C2. Normally a di-

pole is recommended for the rear but trying to get a single one

matched to the other speakers is difficult, I found that the M7C1

does a great job. Good Luck