1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rear bi-polars position??

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by gazzer82, Sep 22, 2005.

1. gazzer82

gazzer82

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All

I am new here and this is my first post, so be gentle.

I have just moved into a new flat and am about to buy some new rear speakers, probably the Eltax HT-2's as i use the system mainly for TV and Movies so i feel bi-polar is the best option.

However i am unsure as to where to position them as my rear wall is a bit of an odd shape. I have attached some photos so you can see what i mean. Where do you reccon i should place them (i normally site center of the sofa).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Gareth

Attached Files:

2. Roohster

Roohster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,030
    put 'em on the "side walls", i.e. under the centre picture and to the side of the floor lamp, level with your seating position.

3. gazzer82

gazzer82

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cool, will that be ok, i was worried about reflection from the left speaker off the wall as it juts in to create the anti-alcove thing and would only be 2 feet away, whereas the right speaker would be a good 9 feet from the actual back wall? Would this be noticeable? Or would the 45 degree angle of the actual speakers negate this issue if i placed then to the angle would skim by the edge of the wall? I hope i am making sense, this is really hard to explain.

Cheers

Gareth