1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Realtek Help Please

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by ilkand, Jul 3, 2003.

1. ilkand

ilkand

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I have an abit BE7 board with ALC650 sound. Have just started to use it (as am selling my Revo), but cannot get any sound out of the spdif. Am using 3.45 drivers, and have enabled onboard sound in the bios. Don't know where else to look. Any suggestions? It's very annoying.:mad:

Thanks,
    Andy

2. Hawklord

Hawklord

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +260
    Check your sound and audio setting in the control panel. Make sure you have the ALC650 as your sound playback device. Also check the sound level might be set too low or even muted. Ensure you have uninstalled the drivers of your old card correctly and installed the ALC650's correctly.
    Aren't you getting any sound out atall or is it just on cd playback. I'm assuming you've connected the audio cable from your cd drive to you mobo.

3. ilkand

ilkand

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Done most of that, thanks. Cannot actually find an spdif out in the sound control panel, so chose 5.1 speakers??? Can get stereo if I change the jumper settings back to default for the soundcard part of the motherboard. Have set them at the moment to output Spdif out and VCC (don't know what this is, but the jumper fits over two connections at a time).
    Have the latest drivers and did uninstall the old ones. Might need to do a fresh OS install perhaps? Don't really want to though.

Thanks for your comments,
    Andy