(Realtek 1186) ebluetimes BT-3550B ?

juniperpansy

Standard Member
Just saw this new realtek 1186 player
Multimedia Player,Multimedia Recorder,HD 1080P,Bluetimes,Shenzhen Blue times Technology Co., Ltd-Product Center-3D Android Media Player

They have an interesting promo offer on it here:
Multimedia Player,Multimedia Recorder,HD 1080P,Bluetimes,Shenzhen Blue times Technology Co., Ltd-News Center-Only 100USD for new Andriod &3D player Free DHL shipping

But is looks pretty scammy...

1)Is ebluetimes a legitimate company?

2) Can these realtek 1186 players (eg. Himedia 900b etc) use each other's firmware? It appears that inside the box they are all pretty much identical...

Half the site doesn't work and the download section is empty... making me think they probably aren't so reliable with firmware updates...

3) Are bluetimes and ebluetimes the same company?

Any other comments on this would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

dogsballs

Novice Member
looks like from china a lot of times thier sites are like this. dont know how reliable or accurate this all is

next010

Distinguished Member
That is the Bluetimes website, the 1186 player is listed on iboum under Bluetimes section.

I don't know about the 1186 players using other firmwares Realtek built in checks to stop that happening in prior generations.

Most of the 1186 players are the same so far, the Iconbit XDS1003D is the most interesting as they are claiming they will be adding BD java menu support in upcoming firmware so proper BD menus will be displayed even BD Live stuff. The player is Russian with forums in Russian but it does have English change logs for some reason and an English website.

juniperpansy

Standard Member
Well I was feeling brave tonight and ordered it. Mostly because I just got my TV and it sounds like they will send it via express shipping. Just a heads up, it doesn't have built in wifi. If you want wifi you have to pay an extra $10

Anyone else brave enough to try this out as well? :)

dogsballs

Novice Member
i think you should seek more info via alibaba they are 9 years golden number

i did see them on Alibaba and having been a buyer from people there that fact does nothing for me.
i will wait to see what juniperpansy says when he gets his.

should say i always recieved my items from companys listed onalibaba but it was always the quality that was hit and miss

juniperpansy

Standard Member
well my bt3550b arrived in my city... but it looks like they put the wrong address on the box so its stuck somewhere LOL.
Anyways, I should be able to have my review in about a week if anyone is interested :)

TC93

Novice Member
It has the same design and case as the Pivos. Even the remote is the same. But then again the Pivos firmware and hardware are actually made in China anyways. They probably just resell the same hardware to whoever wants to put their name on it.

dogsballs

Novice Member
having read the problems Android has with video playback i went for the cheap but functional "patriot box office" £49.99 @ Amazon

juniperpansy

Standard Member
ok just received it today :)
Seems to work alright. Is there anything specific you guys are interested in me finding out for the review i do?

juniperpansy

Standard Member
ok! Written review is done. Just consulting with bluetimes right now to make sure none of the bugs are of my making. I will be posting it tomorrow(video maybe a few days after) Basically it works well as a media player but the other functions (android, etc) are pretty buggy. Actually very similiar to most of the realtek 1186 boxes out there.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Large Screen HDR TV or Projector For Home Cinema + Best of the Month
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom