really simple to answer > AMP 2 plasma - how ??

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by jamieuk23, Jan 26, 2005.

1. jamieuk23

jamieuk23
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Hi I have 3 component slots on the back of my amplifier ..... I have plugged in 2 these 3 component slots all 3 of my consoles.

Gamecube
    xbox
    PS2

I am a little confused on how I send these 3 signals to my Plasma, I take it I will need to use another componet cable ???.

If so does this mean I need to save 1 of my 3 component slots on my AMP to be able to do this ???

can you advise me ??

thanks mate !

2. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    There should be a component output in addition to the inputs. The output has to be connected to the display.
    Depending on the amp you have 2 or more inputs but usually 1 output only - please check the labels at the back of your amp or consult the manual.

If you still have problems please state what amplifier you are using.

3. MAFFEW

MAFFEW
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Reiner is correct. You will probably find more inputs than outputs on the back of your amp. As you switch input on your amp, to use the desired gaming machine, it will automatically feed those signals through the output to your monitor/TV. If, however, you have no more component plugs vacant, you have probably input a signal through the output. You will have to remove it from the game machine and plug it into you TV and find another way of inputting the game you were forced to unplug.

4. booktrunk

booktrunk
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    What Amp have you got?

You have three sets of sockets... it isan't two input and one output is it? If it's three input then yes there should be another set for output.

When it's connected you then just select the relevent input from the 2 or 3 and that one should show up on the Plasma, providing you have sent the output set to the plasma.

Steff