really really dumb question...

G

guydewdney

i have a retrogrphics that im trying to kick into life. its designed as a rear projector.

the base boards etc are all std (for example it has switches to invert the picture)

i would like to build it into a coffee table, or similar - lets just assume for the moment that it has enough keystone correction, but if one focus's it in the centre, the top and bottom are going to be massively out of focus.

the chassis will not have any adjustment (but i have a dremel... ;) ) but apart from makign the tubes perpendicular to the screen is there any other way of doing this?

sorry for being dumb.. :rtfm: no doubt..

I've read that the lenses are different, you know, for the shorter throw and all. But then I'm no expert. It would be very cool if you could.

Guy these will be close focus lenses so youir screen size will be limited.
The other probelm is that these are on axis units i.e if you took all the mirrors out of the equasion the projector would be pointing at a line in the middle of the screen.
Bit of a bugger for seeing round.

so in a 'normal' unit, the lenses are totally different, and have a different focal length for top compared to bottom? i.e. the lens is thicker one side than the other to get round the focus problem?

so i have to have the pj perpendicular to my screen - so that means either an angled screen or a pj in the middle of the screen (i.e. 4 feet up in the air...)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom