Really Need Some Urgent Help Guys

messenger

Established Member
Reaction score
Guys i really need some help here on who to contact at MS to get this sorted.

The Problem - I've had my 360 running running since launch, i recently changed my email/windows live ID to match my new ISP & since changing the details on my account i can no longer log in to www.xbox.com but can still log in to Xbox live through my console which contains my new details ie: New eMail & new Win Live ID.

Ok spent days with Xbox live support to try & resolve this for them to now tell me the only way to fix this is to close my old account & open a new one & therefore lose 3yrs worth of achievements plus my unique gamer tag of "Messenger".

They are telling me ther automated system has corrupt my account when i changed my windows live id for some reason hence when i try to log in @ www.xbox.com it tells me my Win Live ID is not associated with my gamer tag, but my gamer tag still works fine through my console & i can still log & play on live.

Their officials tell me there is nothing i can do & i have to lose everything, now im a programmer myself & i know someone with a super user account @ MS can fix this but they dont want to know.

So i spend thousands of pounds on games & faulty consoles for 3 years to build a 38000 odd gamer score only to lose the lot because their automated system has corrupt my account. Surely someone can fix this or maybe i'll just have to live with not being able to use www.xbox.com but still use my console & live account which still is working fine.

Does anyone know who i can contact @ MS to get this sorted as Xbox live support tell me there is no one on this planet who can fix this for me. I need to take this as high as it can go as this is unacceptable for a service i pay good money for.

Last edited:
I believe when my mate was having some problems with his 360 and wasn't getting anywhere with MS he sent a letter of complaint to the following and then they sorted everything!

Gordon Frazer
Managing Director
Microsoft
Microsoft Campus
Thames Valley Park
Reading Berkshire RG6 1WG

Can you still log into xbox.com using your old email address and password?

My missus changed her email address and it seemed that the only thing that it changed was the contact email.

I've had this problem and it's not really resolved but really doesn't bother me. I have updated my e-mail address and all xbox notifications go to my new account. Recover Gamer tag and e-mail on the 360 state the new address but I still have to use the old e-mail and password for xbox.com.

Can you still log into xbox.com using your old email address and password?

My missus changed her email address and it seemed that the only thing that it changed was the contact email.

No I cant even get in to xbox.com with the old ID. The upside is I can still use Live from my console but their Reps influenced my whole account could go dead at anytime???

I mean if this is what happens when users change their ISP's & eMail addresses its a disgrace especially when we are paying for this service. Can you imagine if an online bank fobbed us off with this lame excuse... Sorry the million pound that was in your account yesterday has been lost due to a computer corruption..

All they have to do is roll back my account to when the corruption occurred on their database, easy everyday stuff if they can be bothered to do so...

Well i've emailed Major Nelson, Max Console & Xbox 360 Fanboy hoping our friends across the pond have a direct senior MS rep contact to take this up with.

Thing is if this has happened to me it will happen to others. I will update on here as & when i hear anything guys.....

Sorry to hear that messenger. I understand what you're saying about them restoring your account, but the people on the phone won't have that ability.

Your best bet is to write to that address and hope that it gets escalated to a db admin.

Hope you get sorted and your account doesn't get wiped out in the mean time.

i agree and would like to know what happens

hope it gets sorted and u dont lose your hard work as u have paid a lot of money towards that in games, and subscriptions to get gamerscore and leaderboard positions friends and everythin

best of luck keep us informed

Yea very intresting indeed. Having had the same kind of issue before hence my new tag. I would also like to see how this pans out.

Im hoping to hear something from Major Nelson today, according to his return email, so i'll update as & when i have any news. If i don't hear anything by tomorrow i'll send a letter to that address as advised.

Thanks for the interest guys :)

I know how you feel mate. Feels like you getting passed form pillar to post and still not getting anywhere.

Massaenger,

Where did you change you Live ID? Was it at https://login.live.com/

When I had to change my email, I did it here and it all seemed to sync up properly so if you used some other route maybe it would be worth checking here?

God damn it, get Bill Gates in here!!

Let us know what happens mate coz im thinking of changing my live id.

Massaenger,

Where did you change you Live ID? Was it at https://login.live.com/

When I had to change my email, I did it here and it all seemed to sync up properly so if you used some other route maybe it would be worth checking here?

Yeah thats exactly where i changed my details & then i was locked out of xbox.com. I cant even update anything through my console now as it tells me my ID is not associated with my gamer tag so i really do fear their automated system has corrupt my account somehow.

I think i will have to write to that address listed above as im not getting anywhere with other channels of help. I dont mind if i have to lose my gamer tag name & they switch me over to a new one, but i really do mind losing all my downloaded content for game add ons etc, all my unspent microsoft points (yup some 1500), my arcade games, all those themes & gamer pics i've bought & all 3 yrs worth of gaming points + my friends list. Surely someone at MS has the ability to either fix my account or migrate everything over to a new gamer tag?

I really would not advise anyone to change their email/windows live id on their accounts right now in fear others suffer whats happened to me.

Just to update anyone who may have read this thread.

After writing to M$ at Reading I finally recieved a reply from the Guys. To cut a long story short my gamertag was not corrupt as MS support staff tried to tell me it was, basically one of the techies 'US' side changed something on my xbox live account to conform with what my windows live ID is & all over a sudden everything works again as it should do.

Just to think if I'd taken the advice from thier first line support staff I would have lost everything associated to my gamertag as well as the gamertag itself. But after a furious letter to MS staff interested enough to help their customers everything gets fixed as it should :)

Big thanks to Bigmac for the microsoft address - it worked at treat with a stroppy letter to the man at the top :smashin::smashin:
And thanks to everyone else on here who posted a reply.

A BIG THANKS EVERYONE :clap::clap::clap::clap:

thats great news well done

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom