• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Really need some help with a set up for TV

camevans69

Novice Member
Currently have a Samsung ue49nu7100 TV, but as expected, the sound is just not cutting it for TV and games.

I've been looking at the MS650 Soundbar from Samsung as it would fill most of my needs, I believe it can be expanded to have a Sub as well.

I looked at standing speakers but only have 11cm space for each one.

Also looked at bookshelf speakers but have to get a reciever as well just seemed too expensive.

My budget is around £300 right now, but I'll slowly expand in the futuge

Paul7777x

Distinguished Member
Hi. What do you mean by 11cm? Is that the width of a shelf? Or the depth available for a speaker before it hits a rear wall?

dannnielll

Prominent Member
Any of the more traditional home cinema units will be as discreet ,if not more so than a soundbar and will give a better sound distribution. Since you probably need a Blu-ray player anyway,why not have the amplifier integrated into it?. The satellite speakers will easily sit on 11 cm shelves,and the woofer can be hid behind the sofa..

camevans69

Novice Member
Any of the more traditional home cinema units will be as discreet ,if not more so than a soundbar and will give a better sound distribution. Since you probably need a Blu-ray player anyway,why not have the amplifier integrated into it?. The satellite speakers will easily sit on 11 cm shelves,and the woofer can be hid behind the sofa..
I’m currently using the Xbox One X as a Blu-ray player, I have space for some bookshelf speakers and a hole in my unit big enough for a 30*30cm-ish woofer

But Most receivers I’ve seen are half the price of the sound bar

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom