• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Really need some advice for Plasma on Wall

gazhodge

Novice Member
Hi All,

I'm moving into my new house and want to put my 55" plasma on the chimney wall.

i am thinking of using trunking to house a power lead, hdmi cable and 3 speaker wires to the amp which will sit just next to the chimney.
Can anyone advise me where i can get some D shape trunking around 3-5m?

The other option i thought about was making a channel in the brink and papering it over but my wife really doesn't want me to do this :nono:

Can anyone advise me on this please.

bryanchicken

Established Member
B&q or prob any other big DIY store will have D trunking

YitEarp

Banned
Go with a decent chisel bit and you don't really need to go crazy to get a good chase in brick unless its engineered, even better if thermal breezeblock as it chews through no problems but the dust is a PITA

You will achieve a better finish and if your only doing it once you may as well do it right first time. I have seen trunking work well if it can be hidden with smart design but I did it with my house in most of the rooms where I wall mounted tvs

the wife complained for awhile but shes over it now I bought her a few pairs of shoes :D

gazhodge

Novice Member
are there any videos or instructions on the best way to go about this anywhere?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom