Winchesterclub

Hi MJ
This is my Beam in front of a 48inch LG

Attachments

• DSC_0019.JPG
    DSC_0019.JPG
    270.3 KB · Views: 69

ken218

I am also trying to decide between HT-X8500 and ... whatever is available in similar price range. This thread is very informative, thanks.

Currently in the process of returning HT-X350. Nothing wrong with its performance, but the PC size subwoofer is really an eyesore, so decide to change.

• HT-X8500 refurb from centresdirect is about 170, review is mixed, gave me a cold feet.
  • YAS-107 is 150 from costco. it is very old, but has a lot of good reviews. But also have people saying they are disappointed with the performance.
  • Beam refurb is about 280, whenever stock is available. It is over my budget, but has a lot of recommendations, making it attractive. However, I don't intend to add any another sonos product, so I can't justify the additional cost.

monkeyjim

Thanks for all the help and advice everyone. I've gone for the Sonos. The main factor was being able to knock the bass down using EQ. I had read that the HT-X8500 was confusing to use, and a bit too boomy. Living in a mid-terrace means I've got to try and consider the neighbours.

Just picked up a £5 subscription to Tidal, so I'm hoping that I'll be able to get that working with the Sonos. Can't find much info about it, but it won't work with Alexa, so the next stop will have to be google assistant. Basically, I just want to ask something to play the music I want to hear!

Due tomorrow, so a whole easter weekend to fiddle about with it!

Winchesterclub

Thanks for all the help and advice everyone. I've gone for the Sonos. The main factor was being able to knock the bass down using EQ. I had read that the HT-X8500 was confusing to use, and a bit too boomy. Living in a mid-terrace means I've got to try and consider the neighbours.

Just picked up a £5 subscription to Tidal, so I'm hoping that I'll be able to get that working with the Sonos. Can't find much info about it, but it won't work with Alexa, so the next stop will have to be google assistant. Basically, I just want to ask something to play the music I want to hear!

Due tomorrow, so a whole easter weekend to fiddle about with it!
One of the reasons i went for the Beam was the 'more natural Sound' the EQ does help with the Bass , you can set the Trueplay feature which sets the sound via the shape of your room ( you do need an i phone though ) i borrowed my daughters
Be good to think what you think of Tidal
And if you want surrounds with the Beam Ikea Symfonisk speakers are well worth having 👍

Cheers

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung Micro LED, Mini LED, NEO QLED TVs and More: AVForums Podcast Interview
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom