1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Really need help on this !

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Gadjet, May 19, 2003.

1. Gadjet

Gadjet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    This is the only way of deciding what to buy and is so important. I live in Wrexham North Wales can anybody give me the closest store where I can see these pj,s in action. I will have to travel!
    1. Panasonic AE300
    2.NEC HT100

I wont be able to decide till I see any of these in action.

Messiah, Paul or Steve another question, when the NEC 100 is in 16:9 mode how big are the black bars bottom and top? The screen that will be here tomorrow is 16;9 format 70" wide.(ordered it thinking I was having Sony 12HT

A big thank you,

Phill

2. Gadjet

Gadjet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    My phone number is , yes I am so determined to get this sorted once and for all and sit back relax and enjoy my DVD,s again without thinking of which pj,

Phill

3. Messiah

Messiah

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +339
    Phil

I'll answer your post in a moment as to black bars, it's a very simple bit of mathematics, but I would remove your phone number ASAP if I were you. Not a good idea to post yourt number on a public forum. There are some nutters out there :)

Neil

4. Messiah

Messiah

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +339
    OK Phil. A 16:9 screen is 75% the height of a 4:3 (16:12) screen so the size of the black bars will be (combined) 25% of the height of the 4:3 image or 33.3% the height of the 16:9 image.

Therefore if you have a 70" wide 16:9 screen it will be 39.375" high. Therefeore each black border will be

39.375/3/2 = 6.5625" high (13.125" total). Don't forget that you will not see these on your 16:9 screen as they will fall outside the viewable screen area. Also don't forget that with the HT1000 you can move the 16:9 image up and down inside the 4:3 panel area to suit your screen. So, you could have your 16:9 image aligned with the top of the panel and all the 13.125" falling below the screen (it will be almost invisible).