1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Really getting sucked in now.......

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by skap7309, Oct 22, 2005.

1. skap7309

skap7309

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    As an aging gamer, (well, 23 anyway) i was gonna ignore the hype and wait till the 360 came down in price but all the talk and reading these forums is really taking its toll. I want one now! Watched a few videos on ign last week and was blown away, it looks amazing!
    I also bought a playstation 1 in the first week of release, followed by playstation 2 in the first week of release (subsiquently sold these poor machines after 6 months of ownership!) and an xbox :clap: in the first month of release. Better contine the trend! ;) :D

2. Pooon

Pooon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +731
    Your only a youngun round these parts

3. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,840
    Indeed, is you're sub 30 then we prefer to call you a fledgling gamer! :D

Yep, the 360 will definately be the console to have come December, i'm going to reserve judgement on the PS3 until I actually see something solid from it.

4. skap7309

skap7309

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    yeah from past experience ive enjoyed the sony machines but got bored with them quickly (they also seem to age quickly to) and they claim its going to be cutting edge but havent released anything yet. I rekon they see what microsoft put out and they're trying to better it. 360 all the way.

5. nick501

nick501

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +782
    i'm suppose i'm an xbox 'fanboy' but i have owned a ps2 previously and spent many hours with it. It still amazes me what they get out of the ps2 with it's ancient hardware and why doesn't the obviously superior hardware in xbox not produce games which *completely* blow the ps2 away.

I cant help thinking the developers haven't got everything out of the current xbox that they could do.

6. ChrisAllenFiz

ChrisAllenFiz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    The reason why I`ll be getting a 360 is that Sony always screw europe, so no chance of a PS3 before next autumn at the earliest.

I also think that the Blu Ray drive is a worry for sony, I don`t see how, given no BD-ROM players exist, and Blu Ray recorders cost $2000, how then can squeeze one into the PS3 with everything else for $400/£300 by March. I predict Summer 2006 for Japan, November for US and maybe feb 2007 for us, which would be a joke. May as well get something that is out now IMO.

7. silverswood

silverswood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4

Very true, totaly agree. Cant see the price of the 360 falling much before the PS3 is released either.
    Get it now and it gives me something to do on christmas day when the family are around :clap:

8. Tejstar

Tejstar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +995
    I can, I'm sure MS will reduce the price in a years time to try and combat the hype of PS3.

9. brain_stew

brain_stew

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Yep, I wouldn't be surprised if the core is around the £150 mark when the PS3 hits (most likley 2007 over here). Or some sort of bundle with Halo 3 for £200 seems likley, how can the PS3 at £300 or £400 compete with a similar specced machine at half its price bundled with its killer app?

10. zAndy1

zAndy1
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,701
    Because too many people are brainwashed into believing the PS3 is far superior and won't even give the 360 a chance. There are PS2 owners that owned a PS1 and will own a PS3 and not even give anything anyone else does a look in. It's bloody stupid but it sure as hell happens

11. Kahuna

Kahuna

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    :rotfl:

12. silverswood

silverswood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    That was what I was trying to say :) , the price will probably only drop significantly when the release of the PS3 is imminent, until then it will stay about what it is at now, hence you may as well buy a 360 now rather than waiting another cough year for the price to drop.

13. skap7309

skap7309

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    as i said i have owned the ps1 and ps2 and at the time i wouldnt give nintendo (and still wouldnt) or microsoft a look in, after owning an xbox for nearly 4 years i still play it regularly and xbox live is amazing. the 360 will be a much more indepth experience of this. its a no-no for ps3 for me as im sure i will own a 360 long before its released.

14. JayList

JayList

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    30 and 2 kids, still consider myself young. I started out playing on the ZX81, it sucked as a games machine, 1 k of ram and no colour and no sound, some pretty exciting text games though I programmed.

You try printing a code listing for a 360 game nowadays,you'd get RSI trying to type it all in.

----------------------

Type 'N' for north or 'S' for south.

15. brain_stew

brain_stew

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Wow, I feel really young, I'm only 18 and started gaming with the Mega Drive and Sonic the Hedgehog.

16. zAndy1

zAndy1
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,701
    I'm 37 and still get as excited as ever about a new console release. I've had em all and don't see any end to the interest in gaming.
    And I remember typing those programs in, pages and pages of hex and at the end it never bloody worked! These days it's easy....

17. Tejstar

Tejstar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +995
    Yep, it happened with the DC and I'm sure it will happen again (to a lesser extent) with the X360.

18. bentleg

bentleg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    This thread is great its making me feel young again, I’ve just hit 30, so I’m not a fledgling gamer anymore can I be in your gang now :rotfl: and having had almost every console I cant wait for 360, I think gamers my age or older who have seen the evolution of games, computers and consoles appreciate them more than anyone.. Roll on 2nd dec

19. Bristol Pete

Bristol Pete

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +321
    Nearly 35 still playing and loving video games since owning a ZX Spectrum mate.

Pete.

20. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,840
    True for some, however the fact that initial allocations of the machine were sold almost 2 months before launch does point to the fact that sales will not be that unhealthy ;) .

21. danvitale

danvitale

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +114
    Im 29 (today :) ). But I started gaming on March 6th 1984 (my Sister's birthday.. when she got a Commodore 64).. Does that make me a gaming veteren??

22. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,840
    Happy birthday!! :clap: I'd classify you as a veteran :thumbsup: ,

I'm 31 (32 in November) and we got our first computer (Dragon 32) in the Autumn of 1982 - had to play on my mates Atari before that ;) . I think that as long as you dabbled in the 8 bit era you could be claasified as a veteran :D .

23. Kube

Kube

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +362
    I began my main gaming in 86 i think it was. Toshiba MSX 64k. Played some earlier Vic20 stuff but the MSX was the first machine i could call my own.

Ye Ar Kung Fu was superb.

....Oh, and im still a young 28. ;)

24. VILLAn66

VILLAn66

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    38 me, and started out with a 'Pong' console, that played 'tennis' with two bats operated by a paddle. I've had them all since, I remember the awe I felt when I opened my Atari VCS and played Tank for the first time. Wow!

Despite most of us being well into our thirties, why are we so protective of 'our console'? There are people on here who say things like 'PS3 is a no no for me'. Why? I shall, in all probability, get both and cannot understand why people get so defensive over their console of choice.

Personally, I preferred the PS2 over the XBOX because it took a long while for the XBOX to get a compliment of decent games and establish itself. That said, I am really looking forward to the 360, and nearer the date, I will look forward to the PS3. Why get so defensive? The competition will hopefully make the manufacturers pull out all the stops to be the best.

25. Kube

Kube

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +362
    Ive always been underwhelmed by Playstation consoles, although i own them all for certain key titles. I found the Gamecube my console of choice over the others but i tend to own all the systems for certain games.

26. VILLAn66

VILLAn66

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Agreed, I have a cube as well. Zelda and Mario Sunshine are excellent and were worth the console price. Each platform has it's killer apps which is why I always end up with every console.

27. skap7309

skap7309

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    ok ok ok ok ok guys apologies for the aging gamer phrase, just thinking back to playing amstrad cpc464 and sega master system. Seems like an eternity ago! :smashin: :D

28. JayList

JayList

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    We're only joking, the amusing thing is the those people who don't play games, consider it for kids. Yet I , like everyone else in this thread started playing as kids and grew up with games. I would suspect that mean age is mid 20's now.

I think the first console we had was the granstand console with pong and a few other variants.

Then moved to Atari 2600, followed by Zx81. And we've had almost every console and gaming system since, from BBC model B, nes/snes/n64/master system/megadrive /PC Engine/Gameboy/Atari Lynx/ portable sega thingy?/Atari St, Pc and ps1/ps2, Gamecube and xbox.

Only thing I missed out on was the Neo Geo, but that was megabucks for games.

For the xbox 360 you could play the waiting game, or just buy one asap! Don't wait :D

That is if you can find one for sale in the first month of release. if you look at the pre-order thread there doesn't seem to be any left, except some 1 million pound systems on ebay.

I still think Sega Soccer was a great MasterSystem game. The penaltys were great.

29. lawfulBen1976

lawfulBen1976

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    That takes me back! My first computer was a cpc. Remember games like Oh Mummy, Harrier attack and Ye Yah Kung Fu! :)

30. bentleg

bentleg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    My parents had the pong/tennis console and we still have it up in the loft boxed, its a big orange thing that only played on a re diffusion TV thing or somthing like that ????. Wonder if they’re worth anything now????
    My 1st console was a master system (kung fu kid what a classic)
    Then I remember how blown away i was about the mega drive and that in ghouls n ghosts each rain drop on one of the levels had 10 yes TEN colours/shades in it WOW!!!