Really fed Up - SKY!

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Galaxyblue, Dec 31, 2003.

1. Galaxyblue

Galaxyblue
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have had sky for 6 months and recently the picture quality has gone down hill.

I phoned them on sunday, was on hold for 48 minutes, only to be told that all the techies had gone home.

I phoned on Monday and held for 20 minutes. I told the person of the problems and she said that an engineer would come out on Wednesday.

I was at work today and my mum saw the engineers in. They replaced a scart cable and wrote 'no fault' on the receipt.

Apparently when they left the picture was fine.

I have just checked it after getting in from work and the picture is not fine. Its not as bad as what it was, but it still isn't acceptable.

Does anyone have any ideas? The problem is the picture is grainy and there are lines going across the screen, lines on the screen if you know what I mean. This doesn't happen when I use the normal channels - only on sky.

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    Have uou have confirmed the PQ problems are on all the video outputs and they have been tested with a direct link to the TV with not via a VCR or signal distributer etc.
    Have you tried the digibox on another TV or dish setup in an attempt to eliminate other factors?

3. Galaxyblue

Galaxyblue
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi, thanks for replying - I am going to test a direct link to the TV tonight and see if that makes a difference.

Thanks