Really Confused

Discussion in 'What Is The Best TV For You?' started by Jerrysimon, Jul 10, 2018.

1. Jerrysimon

Jerrysimon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    I currently own a 4 year old Sony Full HD 55" TV.

I need a TV for my PS4 so have decided to move this into the games room.

I looked a while back at 4K HDR TVs but decided to hold out. I now see I can buy a nice 55" OLED Tv for around £1200. So great I thought and was about to jump on board.

I then began to think about if I should go larger than 55" given that I view this tv from about 10' away.

Reading on I found info and various charts that with this viewing distance I should jump to 65". Great I thought, but 65" OLEDs are over 2K so my budget suddenly seems incredibly streteched. That said I remember purchasing a 32" CRT for £999 25-30 years ago.

Another thing that attracted me to OLED, was the viewing angle but as its only my wife and I sit in front of it most the time, I thought that's a lot of money to spend for a better viewing angle.

Looking around I have found a Panasonic TX-58EX700B at under £650 which is 4K and HDR. It sounds like the only thing I am gaining here is HDR and a few inches bigger. I have ordered it from JL to try and return if ot happy I guess. Hopefully I will see a diffence from my existing set which cost £799 4 years ago!

Is my logic correct or should I just jump and buy a £2K plus 65" OLED ?

Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
  2. Dodgexander

Dodgexander

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,407
    Hi Jerry I have replied to your PM but you posted this in the general section so have moved it here. There is a large difference in HDR between that Panasonic and other more expensive models but for normal day to day tv watching its fine.

3. Jerrysimon

Jerrysimon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    Yes thanks for your reply, happy for you to delete the post if you want :)

4. BobTheViewer

BobTheViewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +41
    to get an idea of some low ball Panasonic prices their outlet get sets at these prices

65EZ952 £2k (LG B7 @ £2k(Ish) with long warranty is a better buy)
    65EX750 £1k
    65EX700 £850

58EX750 £750
    58EX700 £480