1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Really Cheap Plasmas....

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Nirvana, Sep 20, 2002.

1. Nirvana

Nirvana

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have been offered a Pioneer PDP-503CMX for $2000 from 2 different sources on the Web - can they be genuine deals?

It is almost too good to be true!

2. marlboro

marlboro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    URL?

THX
    Marlboro

3. rauer

rauer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    If the PDP's are new, it IS too good to be true. The folks at avs are going crazy with this set being sold at US Dell for more than $5k. Go figure..

4. Nirvana

Nirvana

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    www.jendys.com - it was originally in response to an auction on eBay. The price on the site is way higher but I have been in touch with them and say they will do it for £2000. The catch is that they want a Western Union money transfer.... sounds dodgy to me!

5. encaser

encaser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    The fraudsters on ebay (Czech's etc.) all ask for Western Union as it is non-traceable and can be cashed/collected by anyone who knows you've sent the cash on. The security name or whatever you choose are often ignored and the collector only has to say they know you sent the reddies - only the US demand higher ID for collect but again fiddle-able.
    They set up bogus sites and even ones which are suppose to be an ESCRO service provider.
    So if this place is linked from ebay beware. Try contacting ebay and they'll tell you the scams and laugh at people who've been conned by their own greed at trying to get a plasma for a fifth value.