1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Really Basic Help Required

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by Rasczak, Oct 28, 2003.

1. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,267
    My Mother wanted a Canon A70 Powershot digital camera for Christmas which I duly purchased from:
    http://www.prcdirect.co.uk/PRC/PRC.storefront

Put the camera in my basket and the optional accessories came up including a number of various CompactFlash card sizes. I opted for "SD2256 - 256MB Compact Flash Card". The order for the Camera and CompactFlash card went through and I received a confirmation e-mail stating my order consisted of:

PSA70 PSA70 - Digital Still Camera

SD2256 SD2256 - 256MB Compact Flash Card

Today my Camera arrived with a "SanDisk SD Memory Card". This is the wrong shape to fit into the camera AND is not mentioned in the Canon manual as being compatible. Am I missing something really obvious or have I been sent the wrong media type? Thought I should check first before making a fool of myself ;)

I really don't know anything about Digital Cameras - as I say my Mother knew the model/type she wanted so I just ordered it with the recommended memory cards without 'researching' the purchase.

2. wilber

wilber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    Sounds like a cock up to me contact prc & they will sort it.

3. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,267
    Cheers - I've discussed the situation with PRC and, after about 20 minutes on hold (!), they have agreed to replace it.

4. aaronjon

aaronjon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    CF= compact flash
    SD= secure digital
    xD= picture card
    MEMORY STICK
    etc.
    all different shapes and sizes, some cameras can accept more than one type, but mainly only one type, all are lumped together as FLASH MEMORY, as the general term.
    some people use COMPACT FLASH MEMORY as the general term, which is wrong and shows how your mistake/error probably happend, sending you SD instead of CF .