Really bad left drift

Discussion in 'Playstation VR' started by BenRC, Jan 16, 2018.

1. BenRC

BenRC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +608
    Since getting v2 I've got horrendous left drif. Within a minute it's shifted across, I'm constantly hitting start to recenter during gameplay.
    Camera is about 5 foot up, fixed under a shelf, I'm about 5/6 foot from the camera with it pointed slightly down towards me.
    Lights on/off makes no difference.
    Any tips?

2. oasismark

oasismark
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,720
    do you leave your ps4 in standby?

That used to be a fix to fully turn off and restart every once in a while, not sure if its been fixed or not?

3. BenRC

BenRC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +608
    This was shortly after a proper shutdown :(

4. GlennTidbury

GlennTidbury

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +847
    Basically all issues are down to either lighting conditions or gyro calibration.

Lighting should be not too bright that it messes with the cameras ability to see the tracking lights, but not too dim that the tracking lights themselves bleed into the surroundings.

For the gyros, make sure the headset and any motion controls are at rest on a flat surface for about 15 to 30 seconds from switching them on before you pick them up.

The main thing will be lighting though, and also remember that anything lightly colore can easily reflect light and throw the tracking. I've even heard of people's tracking going wobbly from just wearing a white t shirt.

5. Darth_terra

Darth_terra

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +977
    Personally i don't believe drift is down to lighting tracking yes but not drift, Cinema mode is where you can see a lot of drift at times and it doesn't use any tracking only the gyros.

this has been an issue since day one and Sony has done nothing to rectify it, Seeing the issue in the V2 leads me to believe either it's a hardware issue with the gyros that Sony have no intention in fixing or that it's firmware based and such needs an update but if that was the case why haven't they done so yet It can't be that hard to reconfigure the gyros commands to not react as much as they do.

it seems the minutest of head movement will cause them to operate it needs adjusting so they only react to a bigger head movement I see Sony have a new big PS4 update due sometime soon there is usually something VR related although they have been features not fixes in the past, maybe this time it will be different.

6. BenRC

BenRC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +608
    Played 3 hours of doom vr and got no drift in game. Moved the camera a bit lower so something worked. Cinema mode still drifted but I don't care about that.