Realistic worth of a Pioneer PDP-436SXE?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by trmather, Jan 2, 2019.

1. trmather

trmather

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    So after a good run of 12/13 years (we definitely had it for the 2006 World Cup) or so in our living room we've finally swapped the PDP-436SXE for a Smart TV but that leaves the problem of what to do with the old set.

It's only ever really been used to watch Sky or occasional DVD's, there's no burn in or anything wrong with it and really, apart from being a bit dusty, it's just as good as it was when it was new, save for the date/time menu constantly coming up when you first turn it on.

I didn't/don't know if there's a market for old Pioneer plasmas, especially with it being a strange resolution (1024x760) but maybe there's a Pioneer connoisseur or something that might want it? Not a major issue if it's worthless and we might as well just get rid but if somebody wants it then it can go to a good home instead.

I'll get pictures up if it's worthwhile but was just wondering if there is a Pioneer market with them not making TV's of this ilk anymore?

Cheers.

2. boxrick

boxrick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +303
    Pioneer PDPLX5090 going for £100-200
    Pdpsx4280 one gen previous to that going for £50-80

I imagine you may get £50 if you are lucky?

3. Timmy C

Timmy C

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +536
    I suspect your only chance is if a neighbour with no means to collect a TV from elsewhere might want it. I think anyone wanting a Pioneer of that size with a way to collect would go for a 428/4280 as there's plenty about for cheap or failing that a 427/4270 if it were dirt cheap and convenient.

I've never owned a 436 and you haven't mentioned what you replaced it with but just make sure you are happy with your new one before dumping the Pioneer! Might be worth keeping as a spare if you have space.

4. chaparral

chaparral

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +296
    I gave my Pioneer 436xde away a few months ago

(I was pretty sad to see it go after owning it for so long and my pioneer plasma's have always been something very special to me but it has come time to let one of them go :()

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019