Realistic STA-2080

careymancuso

Novice Member
Hello there everyone! I’m the new proud owner of a vintage Realistic STA-2080 amplifier/tuner. I love it! Currently I have it paired up with my Sansui SP-X6 speakers and it sounds GREAT! I have one Realistic LAB-420 turntable and a second Pioneer PL-530 turntable connected. I love the fact that it has two preamps! First, I was wondering if anyone could supply a copy of the original owners manual? Second, does anyone know why you cannot connect speakers to this unit both through the A and B speaker terminals AND through the RCA speaker terminals?
Thank you very much in advance!

noiseboy72

Distinguished Member
Can't help you with the manual, but the reason why you shouldn't use the RCA speaker terminals at the same time as the spring clips is that you could connect too many speakers at 1 time and exceed the minimum impedance that the amplifier will safely drive. The amplifier will drive a minimum of 4 Ohms, so connecting more speakers might drop this figure to 2 Ohms, which would damage the amplifier.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sky Glass, Epson Laser Projectors plus Home Cinema Subwoofers and More…
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom