Question Real world veiws

Silent Sound

Have ordered Samsung 55ju7000, however due to a stocking error it won't be here until Wednesday. I'm now having doubts and considering the Sony 55x8509c, which I can collect today.

Has Sony sorted the OS out?
Which has better picture?
Will the HDR compatibility of the Sony make it more future proof?

Cheers

Silent Sound

The title of which TV should I but is a bit misleading, as I've yet to have a question answered. By the way I changed my order and got the Sony.

stevewestern

So, have you got it, is it set up and running, and if so, how are you finding it - I get mine tomorrow so in much the same position as you.....

Silent Sound

Yes I picked up the Sony last night after some deliberation, after a few adjustments the picture is amazing, great colours, crisp images with tons of detail, even the wife noticed a difference and to her SD and HD are the same!. The only real problem I have is with the connection to my Pioneer receiver, however I think this is a HDCP problem and not a tv problem.

stevewestern

Well, I am very pleased for you, and even more so for me..!
As you say, and as my salesman said, it does have a great panel (I am coming from an 8-9 yr old 37" panasonic so it ought to look good..) and the problems that the Android OS had have been pretty much sorted - hope it stays that way for us both !

Silent Sound

I haven't encountered any problems with the OS, the initial update took 20mins or so but then everything is fine. Just need a to sort out my receiver woes. But that's in another thread.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom