Real World…..G1 vs C1 vs A90J

Surely if it was a simple fix, they’d have “fixed” panel variation. After all, returns have an impact on their bottom line.

Sometimes, for mass production at the cutting edge, there are limitations in what can be achieved.

Moreover, some of this is user behaviour. If you can’t see any issues in normal content, do they matter? Whereas if you slap slides on immediately and start analysing every square inch, you’ll probably find something and never be able to look past it. Again this is not just a problem for LG, it’s a waste of time for the person who does this and has the hassle of returning multiple panels.

Personally, when I buy a Tv, I watch as much as I can and varied content. If I don’t see issues then I’m happy. I avoid slides/etc.
Sure, I get all that. But I see the yellow stain down the left third of my screen in every other program I watch. The only reason I kept the TV is because it was better than the previous one.

Sure, I get all that. But I see the yellow stain down the left third of my screen in every other program I watch. The only reason I kept the TV is because it was better than the previous one.

Thats clearly not acceptable. I wasn't trying to suggest if you see issues with content thats acceptable. Anecdotally (hard to be sure) that seems to be much less of a problem then when you bought yours.

It's if you don't see the issue with content or rarely do, that I think people need to be realistic. And I really don't think the obsession with testing with slides is benefiting anyone. Not the retailers, not LG and not even the user. Once you see it in a slide, you're bound to notice it in content (or perhaps think you notice it).

Anecdotally, at least, from reviews/complaints here, these issues seem to be far less prevalent. Hopefully it continues to improve. But I also hope people stop looking at every panel with a fine tooth comb, because they'll never find a perfect one. No matter how many they return. And thats true of every TV tech to date.

Thats clearly not acceptable. I wasn't trying to suggest if you see issues with content thats acceptable. Anecdotally (hard to be sure) that seems to be much less of a problem then when you bought yours.

It's if you don't see the issue with content or rarely do, that I think people need to be realistic. And I really don't think the obsession with testing with slides is benefiting anyone. Not the retailers, not LG and not even the user. Once you see it in a slide, you're bound to notice it in content (or perhaps think you notice it).

Anecdotally, at least, from reviews/complaints here, these issues seem to be far less prevalent. Hopefully it continues to improve. But I also hope people stop looking at every panel with a fine tooth comb, because they'll never find a perfect one. No matter how many they return. And thats true of every TV tech to date.
Agree with all of that.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom