real or not? 4th gen iPod Shuffle with claimed Steve Jobs sig on ebay

dc8900

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some one on the U.S ebay site is claiming they have a genuine signed 4th gen iPod Shuffle that was features Steve Jobs signature on the packaging

4th gen iPod Shuffle signed by Steve Jobs! A REAL & RARE AUTOGRAPHED PIECE | eBay

the current bid so far is [-]US$4,000.01[/-] [-]US$4,470.20[/-] US$5,800 (and rising)

The seller's claimed story:

Background on how this iPod came to be autographed: As part of a "innovators of tomorrow" program, myself and a 3 of my colleagues were invited to attend an in-house Apple event. Before hand, we received complimentary Apple products, including an iPod Shuffle and iTunes credits. As usual, the topics covered touched base on were a number of Apple's latest innovations, as well as a sneak peak to future plans. After the conference, we were given the opportunity to talk with Steve himself about the shift in technology to more companion-oriented devices. As the discussion wrapped up, one person in our group asked if Steve would mind signing our iPods. As the conversation went: "I hear you're not really one to give autographs, but I just gotta ask....will you sign my iPod? It's fine if you don't want to. I'm not normally one to even ask for autographs". Steve: *chuckling* "it's quite alright. You heard that about me?? well I wouldn't say that I don't like giving autographs, I guess I was never comfortable with the idea solely taking credit for something, which is to me what an autograph might imply. To be honest, I think I'm the last person who should sign something. A writer signing a book I can understand, but I think if anybody within our company should sign something, it should be members from our R&D team and all the others responsible for product innovation. It's unfortunate that they all can't receive the same level recognition. But I suppose it's easier this way though??....you would need a pretty big iPod to fit all those signatures". He was very candid and very down to earth. To my knowledge, we were the only ones lucky enough to get Steve's ever-so-rare signature.

Shortly after receiving this, I acquired a 2nd autographed piece from one of my colleague's. One is currently on-loan to one of the nation's university galleries, featured in an Technology exhibit (until early 2012), the other is offered here for sale.

What you guys think? I liked to think it were genuine but I'm not too sure especially as the seller mentions that a second one is on display at an university gallery but fails to mention which it is and that for me is a tad suspicious.

Last edited:
-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
I would want a COA before I would even touch it, without a COA it's merely a story.

Good point DC8900, although checking the COA and the company that issued it they would also have insurance should the 'verification' be proved to be wrong.

Now where's my black permanent marker :)

Good point DC8900, although checking the COA and the company that issued it they would also have insurance should the 'verification' be proved to be wrong.

ah I see, just wasn't sure, as you can tell I'm that familiar with the memorabilia COA thing, was wondering if they were an industry standard for it or do they use dedicated assessors etc

Now where's my black permanent marker :)

:devil:

Dont get me wrong my friend, I only know from what I have seen on Pawn Stars :)

Dont get me wrong my friend, I only know from what I have seen on Pawn Stars :)

haha, fair enough!

the bids remain steady at US$10,400., I wonder how much this thing will go for in the end

the listing has now been removed, it got to around US$15,550 last time I checked, remains to be seen if the listing is restored

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom