Real Madrid & AIT on Freesat: How possible!

angelica

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks,

I am new here and i am not sure if this topic falls here.

I am on sky freesat. I have 2 quick questions;

1) Can i get Real madrid TV free in anyway? It is used to be free while i have basic package.

2) AIT(African independent TV) was also free in freesat until recently. Its now on subscription for 5 pounds a month. I have lost my sky card. What sort of card do i need and where can i get it?
2b) AIT used to be free on satellite as well. Is it still free in there?

Cheers

Last edited:
(1) Real Madrid TV is encrypted on all satellites Search Results for - KingOfSat

(2) and the FTA versions of AIT are in C-band plus probably the footprint does not cover the UK
Search Results for - KingOfSat

(3) I don't know if AIT can be added to a freesatfromsky card (£25 direct from Sky) but you will certainly need a viewing card to even apply here
https://secure.aittv.co.uk/aitweb/Home.do

1) OK. Sorry i am not a sattelite person, the given website looks weird:D to somebody like me. How could i check the prices of subscribing?

2) It was Free on sky freesat and satelite till last month.

3) AIT just went on subscription last month and they do announce that with a sky card, one can subscribe.

I checked for sky card on ebay but there was 2 types of cards which i dont understand.

If i need to get AIT, Real Madrid TV etc, i was just looking for the best deal.

Thanks for your help.

AIT subscription prices here
Subscribe to AIT International

The easiest safest and often cheapest way of getting a Sky card which is guaranteed to work is a freesatfromsky card directly from Sky

"I already have Sky digital satellite equipment - what else do I need?

All you need to gain access to the free channels available on the digital satellite platform is a Freesat from Sky viewing card, which costs just £25. If you'd like to access the interactive services available, you'll also need a working phone line. To purchase a viewing card please phone Sky on 08448 244 400"

Real Madrid TV is in the News and Events Pack - see here channel 446

List of channels on Sky Digital - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So, you'll need a basic 1 Pack sub at £18/month and then add on the News and Events Pack for £1/month. Therefore your minimum sub to get this channel will be £19/month in addition to the separate sub for AIT

By taking a subscription to any Sky Pack, they issue the card and you then wouldn't need to purchase a freesatfromsky card.

Last edited:
I am new here and i am not sure if this topic falls here.
I am on sky freesat.
Hi and yes, you're OK here,
I was assuming that meant you already have a FreeSatFromSky card - if not what do you mean by "sky freesat"?

I was assuming that meant you already have a FreeSatFromSky card - if not what do you mean by "sky freesat"?

The OP said:
"I have lost my sky card. What sort of card do i need and where can i get it?"

So, I assume it was a FSFS card and details were given on how to get a new one and advice given to avoid ebay

AIT subscription prices here
Subscribe to AIT International

Real Madrid TV is in the News and Events Pack - see here channel 446

So, you'll need a basic 1 Pack sub at £18/month and then add on the News and Events Pack for £1/month. Therefore your minimum sub to get this channel will be £19/month in addition to the separate sub for AIT

Well for the basic 1 pack sub at £18/month, you chose which of the 6 entertainment packs you would like. So if you chose the News and Events pack for this, it would only be £18 not £19 per month. Not including AIT of course

The OP said:
"I have lost my sky card..."
So, I assume it was a FSFS card and details were given on how to get a new one and advice given to avoid ebay
It was my pedantic side showing again.
I didn't see how "I have lost my Sky card" reconciled with "I am on sky freesat".
Hence my question "what do you mean by "sky freesat"?".
I'm sure your guess is right but in that case "am" should read "was":D

Thanks guys for your responses.

At the moment, i was not using the sky viewing card because its not needed for freesat. Now that i might go for AIT, i will need one. I checked at ebay and i got 2 different prices(10 and 25 pounds). It appears there are 2 types of viewing cards.

If i do subscribe for AIt and i need to also watch the station upstairs, MUST i pay for that room as well? Is there anyway how could go round this?

NB: There is sky freesat upstairs as well.

Cheers folks.

Thanks guys for your responses.

At the moment, i was not using the sky viewing card because its not needed for freesat. Now that i might go for AIT, i will need one. I checked at ebay and i got 2 different prices(10 and 25 pounds). It appears there are 2 types of viewing cards.

If i do subscribe for AIt and i need to also watch the station upstairs, MUST i pay for that room as well? Is there anyway how could go round this?

NB: There is sky freesat upstairs as well.

Cheers folks.

You are best to get a freesatfromsky card direct from Sky, to make sure you get one that works and is new.

I imagine you would need 2 subscriptions to AIT as it treats the cards separately. You could always try a Sky magic eye, to watch on the 2nd TV

I checked at ebay and i got 2 different prices(10 and 25 pounds). It appears there are 2 types of viewing cards.

As we keep advising the only way to get a Sky FSFS viewing card that is guaranteed to work (and keep on working) is directly from Sky (details above)

What do you mean by two types of viewing cards?
The only card in use is the current 'white' card.

Cards should not really be sold on ebay as they are the property of Sky Subscriber Services. Any card bought this way can be de-activated at any time.
That is why cards are no longer sold in the classified section in this forum

Thanks guys.

I'll ring Sky today.

Can somebody direct me to where i could read more on sky magic eye?

Cheers

Thanks for your help the other time.

I also watch freely on sky freesat NTA international but it appears its no more on sky.

Can the satellite experts help me confirm if its still working on Astra or eurobird?

Cheers

I emailed Sky and they ask me to pay 10 pounds. I have since sent the cheque and it is cleared.

Up till now, they've not send it. I sent email they were just playing me around.

Is there anybody here who knows Sky's complaints department?

Cheers

What was that £10 meant to be for?:confused:
And, as fernandez asked in post #11, what were those cards you saw on EBay?:confused:
What you may be able to use (see fernandez post #2) is a FreeSatFromSky card and only Sky sells them, for £25.
You would then be able to go to the AIT site and use the FSFS card to subscribe there.

Last edited:
What was that £10 meant to be for?:confused:
And, as fernandez asked in post #11, what were those cards you saw on EBay?:confused:
What you may be able to use (see fernandez post #2) is a FreeSatFromSky card and only Sky sells them, for £25.
You would then be able to go to the AIT site and use the FSFS card to subscribe there.
Thanks

That is exactly what i did.

I think they gave me reduced price because they thought i would come back.

But the cheque had cleared yet they were asking me to activate my account by providing direct debit instruction. I cannot just understand that. I have now send an email telling them that i will NOW send a complaint letter to the chief executive.

Anyone knows his email or the complaint unit address?

Sky sold you a FSFS card for £10, and took payment by cheque rather than by card over the phone?
That's very unusual and odd so I'd e-mail the details to [email protected]

Sky sold you a FSFS card for £10, and took payment by cheque rather than by card over the phone?
That's very unusual and odd so I'd e-mail the details to [email protected]

The following is their first response;

''Thank you for your email about the new viewing card.
If you need replacement viewing card as it has been lost or damaged, you can contact our Customer Service team.
The current charge for a new viewing card is 10.00 (GBP) which is payable by debit or credit card when the replacement is ordered.
Please allow up to 10 working days for your replacement card to be delivered from the date your order is placed.
I hope this information has helped with your enquiry. If you require any further assistance, you can respond to my email. You can also contact our Customer Service team on 08442 41 41 41, where one of our advisors will be happy to help.
Kind regards''

\1 Of course i knew they prefer debit or credit card but just want to avoid speaking to them on phone to gain that 10 pounds windfall.

\2 The email you gave will go back to the same sets of customer advisors.

From the Sky viewing help website:
"If the card is faulty or damaged in any other way, or you do not return the faulty Viewing Card, or if it is lost or stolen you may be charged the cost of replacing it. We will make invalid any Viewing card that is damaged or faulty and is replaced or is lost or stolen."

The reason a *replacement* card has been offered for £10 is that Sky have been informed that the original card has been lost (this is mentioned n the opening post) BUT taking payment by cheque is most unusual
however
it would also appear that Sky are under the impression that the OP wishes to continue with (what) the lost card was originally subscribed to and, therefore, direct debit details are being requested so that monthly payments can be taken.

There appears to me to be a lot of misunderstanding about this 'lost card' replacement
If the OP no longer wishes to subscribe to anything it would have been easier to pay the £25 and simply buy a new FSFS card online - no phone call involved- avoiding all these communication errors.

The following is their first response;
''Thank you for your email about the new viewing card.
If you need replacement viewing card."
OK - that explains the situation. Instead of ordering a FreeSatFromSky card you sent payment for a replacement for a card that you had previously used with a subscription. Sky are assuming that you want to resume its use with a subscription, and need you to call and arrange for that before they can activate the card. As before fernandez has the solution in his last sentence.

Let's hope that Sky can sort this situation out otherwise, for the sake of trying to save £15 the OP could end up paying a total of £35.
Sky will need to understand, and accept, that a 'replacement for lost card' was ordered in error and maybe they can either
1 Take a further payment of £15, the number of the card issued and activate it as a FSFS card which is what is required
or
2 Accept the return of the card and refund the £10 paid so that the OP can then order a FSFS card

They will also need to be aware that the OP has no intention (if that is the case?) of resuming a subscription

Good luck

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom