• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

REAL Cable Announce Ultra-Thin HDMI Cable

hodg100

Distinguished Member
Here's one for you wall mounters out there that are concerned with the slimline aesthetics of their set up. REAL cable have just sent us details of their new HD-E-NANO HDMI cable.

REAL initially designed the lead for mobile because if its skinny proportions but they now say the Nano is suitable for us AV enthusiasts, supporting ethernet, 3D video, Audio Return Channel and 4k x 2k picture resolution. REAL say their Nanotech tech is made possible by 'using specific materials and structure', quite what these specific materials are is unknown. We do know, however, that the Nano uses deoxygenized copper conductors (OFC), double shielding and gold contact connectors with silver soldering though.

The Nano comes in three varieties; Type A: standard HDMI to standard HDMI, Type C: mini HDMI to standard HDMI and Type D: micro HDMI to standard HDMI - we also don't know what has haapened to Type B. All cables will be available from REAL approved UK retailers this month with SRPs ranging from £24.99 for the 0.5m to £49.99 for the 3m length.

Attachments

• anim-flash-int.jpg
    anim-flash-int.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 190

ODB_69

Distinguished Member
Wonder how Comet/Currys/PC World staff will cope now with their 'thicker the cable, better the picture' lies?!

mikelj

Prominent Member
Wonder how Comet/Currys/PC World staff will cope now with their 'thicker the cable, better the picture' lies?!

In my experience that generally is the case when long runs of HDMI are required; the traditional designs meeting the Cat 2 high speed rating, over say 5m or more, tend to be thicker as they utilise single core cables, rather than multistrand.

Wonder what the max length of these cables is that will meet the high speed rating?

Last edited:

ODB_69

Distinguished Member
mikelj said:
In my experience that generally is the case when long runs of HDMI are required; the traditional designs meeting the Cat 2 high speed rating, over say 5m or more, tend to be thicker as they utilise single core cables, rather than multistrand.

Wonder what the max length of these cables is that will meet the high speed rating?

Yeah but they argue that for 1m cables lol

Sent from my secret lair via my personal midget Miguel

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom