Real Ale.....

Dave

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is not bad.

Usually I just drink lager but could be tempted to the dark side. Went to Tesco after work this morning and got a few bottles, all of which are quite tasty.

Aldi have a box of Marstons (3 bottles of four types of beer) for around £14-good value

Cheers I'll take a look. That's the only problem with ale, it costs a bloody fortune.

Is not bad.

Usually I just drink lager but could be tempted to the dark side. Went to Tesco after work this morning and got a few bottles, all of which are quite tasty.

Lager is tastless **** real ale is superb.:smashin:

i don't mind, ale, larger as long as its not that watery headless stuff they drink down south. :rolleyes:

Which ones did you get?

My Tesco had Wychwood's Hobgoblin Halloween on offer £1.60/500ml bottle or £3 for 3 bottles, so grabbed half a dozen
- beautiful, roasted malt flavour hits you at the end of every sip

Is not bad.

Not bad?? You are talking about proper beer,served at cellar temperature and not gassed up to the eyeballs,It has flavour as well and there are infinite varieties of it.If you truly get into it I would suggest going to beer festival at some point and sampling a few different brews .
A convert at last amongst a sea of lager diehards:thumbsup:

*Goes to recycling box*

Old Speckled Hen, Bombardier, Hobgoblin, Tangle Foot, Spitfire and Hobgoblin.

Good choices mate. Have you had Waggledance? That's a really nice one as well.

Did you have 2 lots of hobgoblin? :D

that is sooo much rubbish!We dont want head, we want beer.

Spot on, real ale was never ever meant to be served with a head, putting a head on real ale takes a lot of the flavour out of the beer.

Theakstons old peculiar served without a head on draught is nectar.

i tend to drink whatever anyone puts in the fridge in the summer and what ever anyone puts in the fridge in the winter but tonight im finished off lasts years sloe jin gin? niether looks right. my face is warm

Shepherd Neame for me, seeing as I live in their brewery town :)

Late Red or a cold Bishops Finger!

I'm normally a (decent) lager or strong cider man but you've tempted me to give a it a try. We have a Hobgoblin pub selling all their beers in Staines. Might go and give one a go :thumbsup:

Shepherd Neame for me, seeing as I live in their brewery town :)

Late Red or a cold Bishops Finger!

Cold ale???!!!! :nono: Chilling it takes away all the flavour.

Now try a decent pint in a pub as that's much better than bottled beer

Wychwood do some of the best ales ever. I love them. I just ordered the Christmas Ale box from this site. I use them all the time. Next day delivery and excellent selection. Link for those interested:

Beers of Europe Ltd - Beers of Europe

Also try Badger Ale's you cannot go wrong with them either, readily available in most supermarkets :cool:

I'll drink anything in a pint glass (Lager, Ale, Stout, Cider) but the majority of time it's lager. I've gone through Ale phases before but as soon as the weather warms up I want lager again (with a cider thown in after 9 pints to get the old taste buds going again ready for another sesh). Right now I'm sick to the back teeth of lager in my locals so I'm drinking:

Youngs Young's Beers, Young's Bitter, Waggledance, Wells Bombardier, Young's Special
Black Sheep Bitter Beer, Blacksheep Best Bitter, Cask Ale Beer Yorkshire, Bitter -The Black Sheep Brewery
Side Pocket For A Toad http://www.tringbrewery.co.uk/PermanentandSeasonal.html

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom