Quantcast

Readynas duo problems

blackcabmal

Standard Member
Hello all,
I have a readynas duo connected to a switch which in turn is connected to the netgear router.I have a small network with 2 iMacs a pc and an iPad on wireless,also a popcorn hour.
anyway the problem i have is that on occasion i cannot access my Nas,just does not show in finder and despite reboot router, Nas and computer,nothing.
Just occurred again and went awol for 4 days then hey presto it just shows up again.
I have the ip address of all machines set as a preferred ip address on router,(not static).

any help much appreciated

Murray

ukprometheus

start by setting the MAC address as fixed via the router and check to make sure you are running the latest firmware :p
sounds like it could be an IP clash

blackcabmal

Standard Member
When you say mac address fixed do you mean ip address,I have been trying this but always ends with a message saying invalid ip address i.e in the router ip section.
thanks for the reply

Murray

ukprometheus

When you say mac address fixed do you mean ip address,I have been trying this but always ends with a message saying invalid ip address i.e in the router ip section.
thanks for the reply

Murray
sorry it was late and i was tired :D yes i meant the IP not the mac.
if its saying invalid IP then your entering it in the wrong format i would think :p
what router you got ???

Matt_C

Distinguished Member
Look up the MAC address of the NAS, then within the DHCP, you can reserve an IP address (for example, if the router is 192.168.1.1, set the NAS as 1.2) and tell it to reserve it for that MAC address. Everything will be assigned IP address on a need-to basis via DHCP, but the NAS should remain assigned to that reserved address