• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Ready to replace old NAS - which one now?

OneDesi

Hi folks,

I have an old QNAPS TS101 which runs an old version of slimserver (not even squeezecentre) and I have just bought an ipad.

The NAS is used to hold photos/lossless music (FLAC/HQ MP3) and some video and I the hard drive of 300Gb is nearly full.

I'd like to move onto squeezecenter and also get something a bit more user friendly and noticed the ReadyNAS by netgear seems okay and comes with a free hard disk so looks good VFM but am not sure if it is the one to go for or should I get another QNAPS or some other brand.

Looked at HP EX490 I think - looks nice but not sure how you put squeezecentre on it?

I'm not sure about backup strategy (I currently use a 1TB Samsung story USB and Synctoy).

What would you guys recommend to a computer numptie like me :D

paulopadopa

Standard Member
If I were you and I only needed one drive I would go for the Qnap ts-110. That or a Synology but it depends of your preference with the UI. If you need two drives go for the ts-210.

99Gizmo

Novice Member
or a HP X510 home server, yes not a true NAS BUT !!!

3TB and Server 2003 endless possibilites !! mine runs slimserver, email server shoutcast the list goes on and on :)

Plus new version of MS Home Server is bulit on Serer 2008 !! x64 !!

Giz

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom