Ready to purchase gaming PC

scouser mike

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, could anyone tell me if this gaming PC is a decent spec and will it be able to handle AAA games.
AMD Ryzen 3600
B450 motherboard
16gb ddr4 3200mhz ram
GTX 1660
500gb nvme m.2 SSD
2tb hdd
600w psu
Windows 10 pr

Hi, is this a ready-build from somewhere like Curry's, or something you're putting together yourself? Might be worth adding some links in either case :).

Hi, is this a ready-build from somewhere like Curry's, or something you're putting together yourself? Might be worth adding some links in either case :).
No just independent pc builder, but as I know nothing about pc gaming just wondered if what he was suggesting was a decent enough rig.

Yes, that system should have no problem playing the latest AA games at all. Depending on the case I am guessing the price is somewhere around the £800 mark?
Depending on the motherboard you might want to add a dual wifi/bluetooth card.

Yeah seems like a decent build at a fair price. If you're aiming for 60fps with high settings at 1080p then this would do a good job :smashin:

if you are happy at 1080p then that system will do fine. If you want to go above that it will struggle.

Try to find out what PSU you're going to end up with, and which B450 motherboard.

Buy this instead. For a similar price you can get a 2070 super which is fine for 1440p
Anyone else have an opinion on this just its my first gaming PC and don't want to get it wrong and then having to throw a load of cash to upgrade it later on.

Anyone else have an opinion on this just its my first gaming PC and don't want to get it wrong and then having to throw a load of cash to upgrade it later on.
It is the same spec (apart from the GPU) that you posted. In fact it actually tells you the parts, not just generic parts. The 2070 super would cost you £450 on top of the build you posted. The only thing you may need to add is a hard drive.

Are you actually gaming in 1440p? Bad time to buy a 2070 Super with Ampere coming out IMO. The lower end cards won't suffer half as much so may as well stick with the 1660 if gaming at 1080p.

Are you actually gaming in 1440p? Bad time to buy a 2070 Super with Ampere coming out IMO. The lower end cards won't suffer half as much so may as well stick with the 1660 if gaming at 1080p.
I wouldn't go near a 1660 right now, even at 1080p. It maybe fine for the time being, but in a year or.so it will be redundant. At least with the 2070 super you have the potential to keep it a few years.
And it is never a good time to buy any PC hardware. Price fluctuates too much on things like RAM and there is always something new around the corner.

So with all the info ive been given to run AAA games smoothly ideally at 1440p but not essential can some recommend a system, im not keen on a self build.

So with all the info ive been given to run AAA games smoothly ideally at 1440p but not essential can some recommend a system, im not keen on a self build.

Change CPU to Ryzen 3600, change GPU to 2070 super and change Ram to 3600Mhz

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom