1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reading SD media cards

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by dunk, Jul 23, 2002.

1. dunk

dunk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, i have a Panasonic NV-MX8B. Is it possible to download information from the SD media card direct from the camcorder instead of removing the card and reading it using the USB card reader?

Also, can you buy third party versions of the software and drivers needed to connect the camera and the USB media card reader to a computer? I wouldn't ask except that i'm using a Mac, and the only software supplied with the camera is for Windowze :mad:

Thanks
    Dunk

2. Mujja

Mujja
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    It depends if your able to connect your camera directly to the computer with a USB cable. If you are able to do this then the computer should be able to see your camera as a USB device. Some drivers maybe needed so that it is able to recognise it properly.

I dont have any experience of MACs. But with my Pana GR-DVP1, WinXP recognises my SD card as a removeable drive and I am able to drag, drop, copy and paste files are if it were a floppy.

You may need to check the drivers CD (if u have one) or try on find some MAC drivers on the Panasonci site.

Another place to check for tips is a Mac users site. There might be 3rd party drivers for cameras.