• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Reading HDD recorded content

mustangwally

Standard Member
I've had a couple pf Digihome PVR80s for several years and they've been really great. Unfortunately sometime today one of them went t*ts up. Not even a 'Power-on' light on the front. I'm pretty sure that it's probably the power supply but as it's a switching supply, without a schematic diagram I'm done for. Unfortunately it's the one I use for my language lessons and some of the films are going to be very hard to replace. My query is, could I plug the hard drive into my computer and somehow use the computer to view the programs? Probably a futile question, but hey, I can only ask.:facepalm:

mustangwally

Standard Member
Yep, that had occurred to me too, I could just swap the HDD from mine into the one in the lounge, one horrendous obstacle is my wife's Dancing on Ice Final and a few other trashy programs she has recorded (and treasures). I've managed to find a power-supply schematic very like the Digihome power unit, (it looks like a Hitachi clone). Looking closely, the transformer driver shows signs of overheating so now I'm trying to find a supplier of TOP233Y drivers who doesn't want to sell me 100 units at $3.99 each. Mabye I'll try to buy a second hand box off Ebay, could be the easiest and cheapest route. Thanks again for the reply.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom