Reader that handles bad/dirty disks

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by matobinder, Nov 27, 2010.

1. matobinder

matobinder
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok. I have had it. I have two DVD players for my home theathre's(bedroom and living room). I want one that is really good about handling all CD/DVD/Blue-Ray disks

One is a Toshiba DVD-RW, it can't handle any disks with little scratches, the thing will actually just start to freak out and I need to "hard" power it off, buy unplugging it.

The other, is a 10 year old 5 disk DVD carosel by Sony, works awesome, reads most all DVD and CDs without getting to bad.

I don't really care about too many extra bells and whistles. I just want one that is quiet, reads the disks in fast, and can handle a few smudges on the disk.

I'm upgrading in part as I figure I should go BlueRay now. But the toshiba is driving me nuts. It takes about 1 minute to "boot up" and can't handle even a slightly smudged DVD.

Are there any good ones that are known to be great at reading dirty/scratchy disks, and also quiet? The Toshiba DVD-RW thing is louder than hell with its internal fans and stuff. I don't need a writer. I just want playback.