For Sale ReAct 3 Fixed Frame Veltex 160x100cm

Discussion in 'Archived Classifieds' started by jfinnie, Nov 17, 2017.

1. jfinnie

jfinnie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,786
    ReAct3 fixed frame screen 160x100cm (16:10 aspect ratio) £250
    Bought as an ex-demo ReAct2.
    On arrival the ReAct2 surface had a couple of holes, the seller obtained a brand new ReAct3 surface from factory which is fitted now and is immaculate.

Frame is the more expensive FrameVisionLight Veltex which has a luxurious dark black velvet coating. As it was a demo screen it looks like the frame had been apart a couple of times and some of the joints seemed a little loose to me. I assembled the frame and added a piece of Gorilla tape to each joint to the rear (can't be seen) to keep it nice and tight. Probably wasn't needed but I did it anyway.

SRP on this screen is about £950. I have the packaging for the surface and frame, as well as the slightly damaged ReAct2 surface packed up, but I won't be shipping this anywhere. You need to see it as is in situ, buy it, we take it apart and you go on your way with it. Collection only from Norwich, £350 collected.

HDFURY LINKER + GOBLUE £140 (goblue now sold, just Linker available for £110)
    I've just received the HDFURY Vertex as an upgrade, so my Linker is for sale.

Bought here:
    Wanted - HDFury Linker

I've just added the IR dongle for the GoBlue which allows you to control GoBlue (and hence the Linker) via IR. It arrived today with my Vertex.

Useful for all kinds of neat things; I was using it to downscale 4K HDR to process via my Lumagen. Also very useful if you don't have 18gbps inputs on your projector (eg Epson units).

Price and currency: £250 collected for ReAct3 screen
    Delivery: Delivery cost is included within my country
    Payment method: BT or PPG for longstanding members
    Advertised elsewhere?: Advertised elsewhere
    Prefer goods collected?: I have no preference

Please be advised, all buyers and sellers should satisfy themselves that the other party is genuine by providing the following via private conversation to each other after negotiations are complete and prior to dispatching goods and making payment:

• Landline telephone number. Make a call to check out the area code and number are correct, too
    • Name and address including postcode
    • Valid e-mail address
    DO NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with all details being correct. It's in your best interest to check out these details yourself.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2018
  2. jfinnie

jfinnie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,786
    Couple of pictures of the linker, GoBlue, Psu and IR receiver. BUMP!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 18, 2017
  3. jfinnie

jfinnie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,786
  4. jfinnie

jfinnie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,786
  5. jfinnie

jfinnie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,786
    Some piccies of the ReAct3 screen now listed for sale, £350 collected. Details in first post.

DSC_3634.JPG

Attached Files:

6. 494930

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,113
    Hi @jfinnie would you consider selling the damaged react surface separately? I'm interested to see the effects of this mythical material with my own eyes as I may change to a larger react screen in my next setup.

7. jfinnie

jfinnie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,786
    For now I'd leave it as a spare surface into the deal. The damage was quite insignificant (one corner has split and a tiny nick near the edge) and I was surprised when the seller offered to get me a new surface from Sweden.

For what it is worth I'm not sure how useful just the surface is. It really needs to be stretched tightly, and the surface is very thin so you're going to struggle to rig something up. On the fixed screens they plastic weld a rubber runner which some tensioners slide onto.

Plus you really want the veltex border against the screen surface as it makes the image really pop. The borderless screens I think are OK but no match for the fixed screens with Veltex.

Better might be to buy a complete cheap ReAct screen (I might know where you can get one...!) and then move it on when you decide to buy bigger... ;)

8. jfinnie

jfinnie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,786
  9. riddleace

riddleace

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    Thats HDFURY LINKER + GOBLUE £140n looks intrested.. will you send me it outside UK to EU?
    thnaks

10. jfinnie

jfinnie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,786
    Thanks for the interest but I'm not looking to ship outside of the country.

11. jfinnie

jfinnie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,786
    The GoBlue has now sold, just the Linker left at £110 delivered.
    ReAct3 fixed frame of course still available too.

12. jfinnie

jfinnie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,786
  13. jfinnie

jfinnie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,786
    Offers welcome. Could be a great way for someone to try out a ReAct surface for little outlay.

14. jfinnie

jfinnie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,786
    Bump! ReAct3 screen and HDFURY Linker still available.

15. daveb975

daveb975

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +377
    I can offer £90 for the Linker if still available.

16. daveb975

daveb975

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +377
    I am now getting mixed messages from HD Fury as to whether this is what I really need!

I want to put the Linker between the output of my HDMI2.0 AVR and the input of my 1080p projector. I have got a 4K/HDR TV on the other HDMI output of the AVR and all of my sources downscale their output to 1080p because they can 'see' my 1080p projector unless I physically unplug it.

I was hoping with the Linker in place, the sources would send a 4K/HDR signal to the AVR and on to the TV, and the Linker would downscale the signal to 1080p for the projector. I will never use the projector and the TV at once.

Based on your experience with the Linker, would it do the job? HD Fury are suggesting I get the Vertex, but I don't really want to spend that much. I have talked myself up from a cheap HDMI 2.0 splitter, and if I have to spend much more than the Linker, I'll probably just go the manual route of pulling the projector HDMI cable out!

Thanks in advance for any assistance you are able to offer!

17. jfinnie

jfinnie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,786
    It should do that; but there are complications which make it non-trivial. When you want to watch something on the PJ, if you have set the Linker up so the TV doesn't get downconverted then it will be asking the player for HDR2020 colourspace content, so you won't have the right colour unless you create a custom colourspace / gamma curve in your projector.

At the risk of doing myself out of a sale... (!) If you have an AVR with dual HDMI out, usually they have the option to turn one or other HDMI out off, in which case you should get the maximum display capabilities of each device by disabling the unused device. You could automate it if you have the right AVR (Denon have direct IR presses for each HDMI out config) and a Harmony remote. I do this and have separate activities for UHD via the PJ and via the TV, for example.

18. jfinnie

jfinnie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,786
    BTW, I'd do £90 collected or £97 delivered.

19. adam-burnley

adam-burnley
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,148
    I'm interested James, but I don't know anything about these boxes, and which one does what :blush:
    I have a 1080p projector, but would like to hook up the Sky Q silver box so that I can get Atmos from the available UHD content, but will obviously need to downscale the UHD video to FHD between the AVR and the PJ, whilst making the Sky Q box think it's connected to a UHD HDCP2.2 display. The PJ would be the only display device in my case.

Would the HDfury Linker be the right box?

Thanks

20. daveb975

daveb975

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +377
    Thanks for the detailed reply.

I run a Marantz AVR in that system, and I do have a Harmony remote so it might be possible.

I’ll let you know how it goes, and if I still need the Linker, if it is indeed still available by then!

21. jfinnie

jfinnie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,786
    Marantz AVR if recent is basically a Denon. You might find the Harmony device profile for your AVR doesn't have the discrete IR codes for the HDMI keys. If that is the case, try the device profile for Denon AVR-X2300W. That one definitely does have the HDMI 1 / 2 / Both discrete keys that you can build into the startup sequences for your activities.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2017
  22. jfinnie

jfinnie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,786
    Yes, it should work fine for that (ie you will get the Atmos sound and downconverted video). I didn't realise there was Atmos audio with UHD skyQ.

I don't know about Sky Q and what it expects to see - whether you need to pretend to be just a 2.2 4K display, or a 2.2 4K HDR display to get the Atmos sound. How easy this is to implement depends on the Sky Q behaviour.

If you only have to pretend to be a HDCP 2.2 4K display then it should be very straight forward as the Q box could send images with correct colour and gamma for your projector, just 4K res (of course if the content is HDR off air, in this scenario you are at the mercy of the HDR->SDR conversion the Q box does).

If you have to pretend to be a 2.2 4K HDR display then again it is a bit more complicated as you also have to set up a custom settings set in the projector to take the 2020HDR gamma and colourspace and squish it into the 709SDR that your projector can do. Otherwise you end up with a low contrast low colour image. You would need to choose this new mode on your projector manually when the content is HDR. This is exactly the way I was using the Linker to get HDR out of UHD onto my old 1080p projector (but I have an external video processor for doing the gamma and colour space conversion)

The beauty of the Linker is you can pretend to be pretty much whatever display you like. The limitation is it only really downscales the resolution - it can't usefully change the colourspace or gamma. The newer Vertex has the same limitation, but it has the advantage of being able to control some projectors over RS232 and set them to the right mode for you automagically.

23. adam-burnley

adam-burnley
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,148
    The Sky Q Silver box requires a display that can support 2160p 8 or 10bit.

There is no HDR at the moment, so that's not an issue.

Atmos is limited to premier league football and a handful of films, but its growing. By the time my room is ready Atmos could be standard!

I'll have a think about it, thanks.

24. jfinnie

jfinnie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,786
    Atmos for football? Will wonders never cease :). Almost makes me wish I liked watching it!

So in that case you'd set the Linker into downscale mode, and to one of the 4K non-HDR EDIDs that are built in. The AVR would have what it thinks is an uninterrupted 4K 2.2 channel all the way to the display, with the linker downscaling. I think you can do all of that via button combinations I believe (a bit long winded) or set it up with a PC over the supplied USB cables. I always use the PC software as it is much quicker and very clear, plus you get to see exactly what input and output setup your configuration results in.

25. daveb975

daveb975

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +377
    Thanks again. I have got a Marantz SR7010 so it is only a few years old, and certainly after the D/M tie-up.

I have just checked the Harmony app and the discrete commands aren't there, but as you said they are there for the X2300, so I'll try adding that as a new device without a power command and see how I get on.

Thanks again for your help, and apologies for derailing your classified thread.

26. adam-burnley

adam-burnley
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,148
    Yeah the footy has had mixed feedback, so it's mainly the movies I'd be interested in.

Would you let it go for £90 inc. delivery?

27. Thatsnotmynaim

Thatsnotmynaim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +758
    @jfinnie Happy to take this at £97 delivered, think I may try something like this to fix my hdcp handshaking issue

28. jfinnie

jfinnie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,786
    Sorry, I'm already losing again on this. And I know I'm just going to end up having to re-buy one again in the future at some point...! (this is the second I've had now).

I'm happy to go to £97 as mentioned above. Will send you a PM.

29. adam-burnley

adam-burnley
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,148
    Fair enough - I could have matched the asking price but it wouldn't have been fair to Thatsnotmynaim as he offered before you came back to me.

Hopefully another will come up once my room is ready.

30. jfinnie

jfinnie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,786
    Yes, sorry for not getting back sooner, was with the installers this morning. Quite a few people are getting Vertex at the moment so I think they should become a bit more plentiful used. I got mine via a wanted ad on here so I'd suggest that.