1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RE4 coming to ps2

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by geese, Nov 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. geese

geese

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    That is the saddest news for all gamecube owners(including me).
    But hey we`ll get it almost a year before ps2 owners, and definitly the better version.I mean come on?They have been working on the GC version for years and was designed for GC hardware.Some ps2 owners cant realize that.
    Every GC owner feels cheated by this move from capcom and I dont blame them.....this was our GAME.....

2. Rob20

Rob20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +355
    2 years ago I would have agreed with you. But I've come to the conclusion that it doesn't matter one bit whether a game is multi-format or not, as long as the game is optimised for the system that you own. Just because PS2 players will be able to own RE4 for the their system, it doesn't mean that you will enjoy playing RE4 any less. Multi-format games have been stimatised in the past because of lazy PS2 ports to GC/XBox. But as you say they've been working on the GC version for 2+ years now. Also, by the time the PS2 version is released late 2005, most people will be thinking about the next generation of consoles, or even own one if the XBox 2 is rekleased late 2005 as speculated.

3. geese

geese

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    you are right....I wil still enjoy the game just as much.Its just that capcom said time after time that it was GC exclusive and now this.
    Can we atleast get devil may cry in return?
    NOPE

4. bluesteel

bluesteel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    i love my gamecube
    but isnt it finished with now really
    the xbox is the only real format left

5. geese

geese

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    If you mean the game then yes(GC version).
    The ps2 version will be released late 2005

6. CrispyXUK

CrispyXUK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    The thing that annoys me is Gamecube doesnt get all the games that come out for the other systems, why is that? most developers say the gamecube is just as powerful as the XBOX yet developers/publishers choose to release on the other 2 formats.

7. geese

geese

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    exactly man.......its just not right
    why cant we get ominusha or devil may cry?but they get to play re4.......thats lame man

8. Miyazaki

Miyazaki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +849
    Because hardly anyone owns a gamecube, yet 20 million people own a PS2. Simple maths.

Who do capcom care about, a few people who cry about "their" game, or opening up a market to some 20 millions PS2 owners?

Capcom were stupid only releasing the other RE games for gamecube, they should have all be multi-format.

And before geese starts calling me a PS2 fanboy, I own all 3 systems.

9. berserkgoose

berserkgoose

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    It's for financial reasons. Larger userbase = more sales. That's how simple it is.

Anyway who honestly gives a monkeys what anyone else gets to play?
    The fact that PS2 owners will be playing an (probably) inferior version of a game I will have been enjoying for almost a year will certainly not take anything away from the game for me.

I've been looking forward to RE4 for ages and if capcom turned round and said PS2 version comes out same day as GC, I wouldn't give a damn. Let more people enjoy the superb game they created.

10. CrispyXUK

CrispyXUK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    yes true, but more people own gamecubes than xboxes so where are the games?

11. H4r7y

H4r7y

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i beg to differ with that, maybe in the past then yeah, more people would have owned a GC instead of an xbox, but now i think more people actually own an xbox instead.
    the gamecube is pretty much on its last legs now for mainstream games and probably most ps2/xbox multi format ones too.
    its just there to keep nintendo fans going until the new nintendo console comes round with the nintendo trademarks.
    and i used to have a GC but i was getting so angry that there were more/better games coming out for the other 2 consoles, i gave in and traded my GC for an xbox, which was a great change.

12. Miyazaki

Miyazaki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +849
    Exactly crispy. If more people own gamecubes, then why are there less games for the NGC? It makes no sense whatsoever.

13. geese

geese

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    exactly....trust me Im gonna enjoy the game to death on GC.
    What the heck, we will get to play it 8months earlier so what if it goes to ps2.
    I just wish we could get to play ominusha or devil may cry in return.

14. Dean

Dean

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +190
    This is great news! :devil: At last RE is going back to the console where it was born and bred :D ... and isn't it premature to say which version is best? If it comes on PS2 1 year later then surely this gives more time for the developers to make an improvement over the GC version? :rolleyes:

15. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,971
    Does it really matter which consoles it's coming out on?? :rolleyes:

Why do people concentrate on systems so much. The consoles (especially the gamecube) can all be picked up very cheaply these days that surely this is not a factor any more?

Tedious console arguments have been done to death and the majority of Gamecube owners probably have a PS2 and or XBox anyway. Where as a much smaller proportion of PS2 owners will also have a Gamecube (simply down to the PS2 to GC ratio). It therefore makes a lot of sense to release it on PS2 after so that the game is released to a much wider audience.

Spot on, although it's actually around 70 million people who own PS2's Compared to less than 10 million GC owners.

I own a Gamecube but I don't feel cheated in the slightest - I can't understand why any Gamecube owner would feel cheated by this as even if it's the only console they own, they are still getting the game.

16. Dean

Dean

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +190
    True system arguemnts never attain anything but some ppl have bought the GC console on the basis that the RE series would be exclusive for a couple of years. I would have contemplated buying a GC if RE had been exclusive but now i won't have to (and probably many other users won't eithert). Also my AV rack is pretty rammed as it is and i would hate to have two or all three consoles cluttering up the place! I am a true RE fan so can't wait for this one

17. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,971
    Gamecubes can be picked up for next to nothing and the machine has some great games on it -

Metroid Prime, Zelda the Wind Waker, Super Mario Sunshine, FZero, Eternal Darkness, Mario Kart, The Resi Evil Games, Pimkin 1&2, Tales of Symphonia, Harvest Moon, Pokemon, Paper Mario 2, Animal Crossing, Donkey Konga, FFCC, Viewtiful Joe, SMB1 & 2 & Super Smash Bros Melee.

Add into the equation RE4, Metroid Prime 2: Echoes, the next Zelda title and Goldeneye 2 and you have a lot of superb games that you miss out on if you don't own a cube. I'll get RE4 on the cube as I can't be bothered waiting for the PS2 version. The GC version should be the best one anyway (at least graphically) as it's a more powerful machine.

18. AML

AML

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +229
    Dean. the resident evil franchise wasnt born on the PS2. it was born on the ps.
    One other thing, just bcoz capcom will have longer to develop the PS2 version certainly doesnt mean that it will be a better version. the PS2 hardware is dated compared to the GC hardware, so if anyting it will be inferior.

As for Capcom making it a GC exclussive, yes it was a mistake.

I think capcoms people wanted the GC to be more sucesful as its more of a games console than the PS2 or Xbox.

They made the same mistake in backing the Dreamcast. yet some of capcoms best games ever were released on the Dreamcast long before any other system.

As far as im concerend i dont like the way the industry is heading. If nintendo stop making consoles one day, we will be left with sony and microsft, 2 companies who only care about proffit.

19. Sinzer

Sinzer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,108
    I think we have reached the obvious conclusion on this thread, please remember there is a sticky to discuss points like above :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.